cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Yet More Issues

Ryoma2040
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

My connection has started dropping multiple times a day, usually in frenzied bursts where it will go on and off several times in the space of 5 minutes.
If it does manage to stay connected (or reconnect at all, as it has been off for quite a while at the time of writing) then I'm getting speeds of around 0.5mbps down.
The phone seems to work fine and there doesn't seem to be any noise on the line beyond the normal levels.

It has been doing this for the last two days and it is only three months since we last had an engineer out to fix it. 

I've checked all of the cables and reset the router, even swapped several bits out to see if it helped, which it did not. It's currently connected directly to the test socket and that has made no difference to stability or speed. I even tried leaving the router off last night and putting it back on when I woke up but that made little to no difference.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Good morning,

Thanks for confirming and we'll check back in with you tomorrow to see if the speeds have remained consistent.

Michelle

0 Likes

Ryoma2040
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

It's all connected and the speed seems to be back to around normal but there were occasions in the last few days when it would go back up as well, only to drop back down 15 minutes later. So I'll hold off on the celebrations for now.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Morning,

Thank you. Please post back here to confirm once this is set up and we'll check this again for you.

Michelle

0 Likes

Ryoma2040
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I do. I've been out all day but I'll set it up in the morning and let you know.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a line test now which is clear, however your connection looks very unstable. Do you have a different router that you could test with just so we can rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes