FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dodgy looking email... about line capacity reached?

Nemec
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi

I got an email today (4th Sept 18) from info(at)consumer.talktalkplc.com, saying that I am reaching my line's capacity and recommending that I upgrade the line to fibre for £27.50 a month!  There is a link to 'upgrade with one click' - offer ends 28th Sept.

I logged into my TalkTalk Account, and could not see any mention of this offer at all!

I did, however, click on the link in the email (something I am regretting)... and it took me too a

convincing url... BUT... It did not have TalkTalk favicon, or the green TalkTalk line in the preurl part of the tab and it had a warning symbol by the https icon!!

But a message on the screen just said, you order is being processed please wait up to 72hours

I would like to know is this info(at)consumer.talktalkplc.com a genuine email from TalkTalk!!?

and do TalkTalk use talktalkplc.com in any of their domain names!?!?

I have reset my TalkTalk password immediately to be on the safe side.

Any help on this would be most appreciated!

thank you

Nemec

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

These emails are sent out if your utilisation for your ADSL service is quite high.  With the ever increasing demand for gaming services, Movie and other TV services, you may see a benefit by upgrading your connection to fibre.  If you feel your current service is performing well for your household usage, you are under no obligation to upgrade, but our marketing teams are trying to be proactively helpful in alerting customers that there usage is high and they may be able to secure a good deal with better speeds.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

skylab
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 5

I too have received 3 of these e-mails since late 2018. I am on Basic broadband, which does all I ask, but if I truly have reached the lines capacity how do I view the specific detail on my Talktalk account as I am unable to determine why this should be? This is something that I used to be able to de but since I started receiving these e-mails I am unable to. I wonder why!

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Nemec

Just to confirm It is a genuine email from us. 

Sorry for any confusion caused.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

I have heard of at least one other person getting one of these, I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and confirm its legitimacy.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes