FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor broadband speed and service

mister miyagi
Team Player
Message 13 of 13

Hi all,

it all started 2 months ago - yes 2 months ago, when my faster fibre with boost dropped from 65mbps down to 27mbps, after contacting on line chat a talktalk engineer was sent out- no problems found within the property, but raised a fault with openreach, nothing changed no visit no improvement after a month.

So back to online chat, same questions same answers same advice, we'll send out a talktalk engineer, same no problems in house, openreach fault raised ! so still waiting for a solution.

I have only just renewed my contract  - before the poor speed issues,but one tell me

• how long does it take for openreach to fix a line?
  • Am I able to leave talktalk without penalty due to not getting guaranteed speed
  • is talktalk breaking their contract
  • Am I entitled to a refund

Virgin have recently installed cable in our street and its faster for the same fee, anyone had any experience with virgin ,as I am seriously disappointed with talktalk  in their lack of a resolution and looking at leaving talktalk after nearly 20 odd years , this is customer loyalty for you

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi mister miyagi

I'm so glad to hear that the speed has increased, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Debbie,

I  shut down the router left it off for over an hour, and finally success my speed is now showing as 61.4Mbps.

I would like to Thank you and  all other people involved for your patience and getting a solution for speed issue we had.

Message 3 of 13

Hi mister miyagi

Your line is in sync at 66.9mb

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 13

Hi, thank you for your reply,  and sorry for my delay in responding sooner

Currently my download speed is 24.8Mbps

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi mister miyagi

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, what speed are you currently receiving when running a speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Just a quick update

New router arrived -no difference

Miranda from TT technical called , sent another engineer out, and guess what found just like the previous two found no issues within the property. 

Engineer phoned TT technical- they have changed the number and not told his company. Engineer emailed his boss and TT tech , two weeks later still waiting for some sort of communication or resolution.

Must be busy with a buy out or something. 

Not a happy bunny, but the broadband sales are on , who to choose?

Message 7 of 13

Hi mister miyagi

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 13
Morning Michelle

Yes please , that would be great.

And Hopefully this will work 

Regards

Sent from my Galaxy

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 13

Hi mister miyagi,

Apologies again for the delay. Thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test again now which is clear. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Message 10 of 13

Sorry for the delay, I have responded to this answer, but for some unknown reason it is not showing, I probably have not posted it or something like that.

Yes the router is on , I did switch it off at night a couple of nights as it says somewhere on tt site, made no difference,

I do not have another router to check if

that is the problem , but surely the tt engineers would have checked that the router is working correctly wouldn't they ?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi mister miyagi

I'm sorry for the delay.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any line faults but I can see that the line is not in sync.

Can I just check, is the router currently switched on? Have you tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

mister miyagi
Team Player
Message 12 of 13

Obviously talktalk are not bothered if they lose customers !!

0 Likes