cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

poor speeds

anoyed
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

is their any chance of getting the DLM reset my speeds have taken a nose dive i used to get 60 mbps download and 20mbps upload at the router after a factory reset and plugged into maintinance socket im lucky if i can get 35mbps download and 6mbps upload also when i go onto the fixit page it tells me my router is dg8041 wrong im running sagemcom53643.00 firmware v sg4k100174 it also tells me im getting 44 at the router when in actual fact 35mbps  and a promised speed of 44mbps yet more porkies I used to be told 60mbps  could yo please make sure no band steering and reset DLM

thank you

dave
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Hi

Apologies, we are unable to roll back the firmware to a previous version.

What speed are you receiving this morning when running a speed test?

0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

is their any way to downgrade firmware from sg4k100174 as it is absolute rubbish it has chopped my speeds in half the 5g drops in and out like a yoyo getting about ready to take said router and stamp on it should this not be tested properly before pushing it out all through pandemic had good speeds and good wifi coverage now absolute rubbish as a cynic i begin to wonder is this to try and push people to full fibre witch obviously cost more . i would just like to get what i pay for 

dave
0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

Hi

Monitor and see if the speeds remain consistent, if there is any drop, let us know after the weekend and we can log this for you.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

anoyed
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 26

did that and went back to same speeds all way through pandemic had way higher speeds same router only change seems to be updated software could that be causing problem

dave
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 25 of 26

Hi

We have no control over DLM directly as this is automated from Openreach side.  If you power off the router for 30 minutes, this will clear the session and allow a new session to start. This can allow the router to sync at a higher speed rate.

Try this and see if the speed improves.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes