cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

"We've run into a problem"

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

I need your help again, please.

I'd like to be able to check speeds on both lines registered to this account.  While I can, usually, on my Windows 10 laptop, unfortunately I can't on my mobile.  The message saying that the process sould take no longer than 2 minutes appears for a while, then I see "We've run into a problem". This happens on both numbers. Version 8.5.0 running in Chrome on Android 14.

Also, the guaranteed speeds are different, 43 Mbps at one address and 50 Mbps at the other. The addresses are in houses next to one another.

hawaye Mornington Crecent County Champion 1975, 1976, 1978
0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 21 of 34
We've run into a problem
Sorry, we're working hard to resolve this issue
Please try again later
0 Likes

Message 22 of 34

OK thanks for trying. What is the error message?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

First test; got speed readings from second number on laptop and mobile; first number failed on laptop and mobile with error message.

Second test; first and second numbers fail on laptop and mobile with error message.

No incentive to do a third test ...

0 Likes

Message 24 of 34

Hi hawaye,

Can you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know if this resolves the problem.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 34

I use Edge on the laptop and Chrome on the phone. It happens on both. It has worked on Edge, several days ago, but it has never worked on Chrome. I can try other browsers on request. 

0 Likes

hawaye
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 34

Thanks Ferguson.

Your link goes to something that looks like the Ookla tester that TalkTalk used to use before the current tester version. But, unfortunately, it doesn't allow entry of a phone number for checking a second line remotely.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 34

Morning,

Apologies for the confusion. Does this also happen if you try a different browser? If this is still happening then we can ask our My Connection Team to take a look.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 28 of 34

Sometimes it doesn't work via My Account. Try this, it's an alternative route to exactly the same tester:

https://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

0 Likes

Message 29 of 34

Sorry Debbie, I can't have made it clear. Your speed tester doesn't work for me. Tonight, wired or wi-fi, laptop or mobile, first or second number, click on My Connection, Run a speed test, see the blue progress bar maybe 3/4 to the end and then I get the message, "We've run into a problem". 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 34

Hi hawaye

If you run a wired speed test using our speed tester what speed do you receive?

0 Likes

Message 31 of 34

Thanks for the speed report yesterday Debbie. Yes, I believe I do need more help. This morning I'm getting the problem message on the mobile and the laptop on both numbers. I'd like to be able to check speeds without your kind assistance. 

I use Fast.com when Talktalk doesn't work but I know from past experience the help chat people won't accept any other speed check than Talktalk's own.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 34

Hi hawaye

Do you need any further help with this?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 33 of 34

Hi hawaye

The sync speed for the 1st telephone number in your Community Profile is 57.7mb. No faults on line test.

The sync speed for the 2nd telephone number in your Community Profile is 68.9mb. No faults on the line test.

Thanks

0 Likes