FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sagemcom fast 5364 keeps disconecting from devices

VK12345
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Help!

Ive been a TalkTalk customer for years, but have been really disappointed with the performance of the updated Router provided when I updated to a faster TalkTalk package.

The Router is a Sagemcom Fast 5364 which is plenty fast enough when its working, unfortunately it doies not like any of my familys Apple devices including a Macbook and a Epson Workforce Pro printer. It also refuses connections to my windows laptop and Android phone, but not as often. I am having to reset the router daily and reconnect all the devices, which is a total waste of time. My children have pretty much given up on wifi and are hammering their mobile data allowance, which is unsustainable and pointless when Im paying for internet access at home.

The router has been replaced by TalkTalk after several complaints, but the problem persists, its even possibly worse now. I have only just searched on the internet to see if anyone else had any ideas and found quite a lot of similar complaints. When I contacted TalkTalk to get the router swapped I was under the impression that the problem was one off and the person at Talktalk didnt mention that this router had lots of problems - If they did I would of asked for an alternative, which is why I am posting this.

I am not happy with the sagemcom fast 5364 router. It doesnt work and it needs daily resets and lots of faffing about to make it sort of work. This isnt acceptable.

What are my options?

Nearly 100!!!
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi @LMN118

Please can you create your own topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 10

@LMN118 please start your own topic as per the community guidelines.

Staff will only reply to the OP who had their new router dispatched over a month ago.

0 Likes

LMN118
First Timer
Message 3 of 10

Same router, exact same issues as OP.

Intermittent service, frequent drop outs all on WiFi.

I've split the wi-fi between frequencies as the router was not accepting older 2.4Ghz connections. The 5Ghz connection in particular is useless nothing stays connected for long.

The channel optimisation is also an issue, but even manually changing the channels to uncongested channels doesn't help.

Signal strength is relatively high but is about the same as competing neighbours in different houses. It loses 30-40% despite being a few metres away. Sometimes dropping to 50%.

I would like an alternative routers. 

PS sending an Openreach engineer to replace the 30 year old socket would also be beneficial since I am still 20 down less than the BT connection I had in my previous house one street over.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi

router is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Debbie,

yes please that would be really helpful.

Nearly 100!!!
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 10

Hi VK12345

I'm sorry for the delay.

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

Ok, the Sagemcom does have a 'feature' called Wi-Fi Optimisation, this basically means that even if you try to set a channel manually, it can override you and just change it to something else, it can do this after minutes, hours or days !. If it ends up flipping between channels too much this can also start to cause problems.

If you have been setting channels manually then you could see if Wi-Fi Optimisation has been playing around because the router may have changed to a different channel by itself.

The staff here will be able to take a look at this for you when they are back tomorrow, they can also disable the Wi-Fi Optimisation if they think this might have anything to do with the problem (you can't disable it yourself).

TalkTalk do also supply a router made by Huawei that looks pretty much the same as the Sagemcom, so if the staff did think it was a router problem then they might suggest trying this different model instead, the Huawei also doesn't have Wi-Fi Optimisation, so it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.

Message 8 of 10

Hi Skynet_TX

Thankyou for the quick reply. I have updated my details in the account profile as sugested.

The error is with the wifi connections. I can set up and connect each device, but some of them do not stay connected and repeatedly stop working. Apple phones and my iPad seem the worst and to get things working again I have to pull the plug on the router and forget the network on the devices then sign in fresh. I would say that 5Ghz network is a bit better as it drops less often, but today its been as bad as 2.4Ghz.

Ive used wifi analyser to make sure we are set up on bands that are well away from out neighbours as well. Pretty much tried everything, so it was a relief and a bit annoying to discover that its probably the actual router.

Nearly 100!!!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @VK12345,

Just to clarify, is it that your devices are not able to connect to the Wi-Fi network, or are the devices connected to Wi-Fi ok, but can't access the internet ?

When you get problems are all devices affected at the same time, or do some devices work fine whilst other have issues ?.

Do you have any 'wired' devices, do they also have problems ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.