cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

speed drops/connection issues

GrayFox
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 44

Hi.

Have had connection problems last few weeks. First disconnecting and reconnecting several times a day then stabilizing but now speeds have dropped a lot. Should be getting around 70mb but now getting 30mbps through speed tests.  Gone through the service centre back and forth a few times either saying connection is fine or going through a fault to be then told it's fixed when it's still the same..

Have tested via router of for 30mins, master socket, checked all connections and gone though direct connection no wifi and no changes.

Thanks...

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 1 of 44

Hi @GrayFox 

I'm really sorry about this.

The line test is detecting a potential line fault so I have escalated this back to Openreach as a repeat fault for an engineer to investigate externally.

I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 44

Well Saturday was a day of constant disconnects and reconnects making the internet unusable. I restted the gateway from the router settings Sunday morning and only had one disconnect about 7hrs ago since. Getting frustrated with all this, engineer says line is excellent and can't understand the disconcets randomly. Got all new equipment and no difference...

0 Likes

Message 3 of 44

Hi @GrayFox 

Thanks for your reply.

If the connection does continue to drop out then please let me know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 44

Great. The engineer said our line is excellent and couldn't figure out why the drop outs were happening then reseted the profile back up to 69mbs.. it has dropped once since so we see what happens and if drops even further but fingers cross it stays fine.

Message 5 of 44

Hi @GrayFox 

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 44

Hi @GrayFox 

Thanks for your reply.

We've arranged the engineer visit for 12/07 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

Message 7 of 44

pm and I do accept

Message 8 of 44

Hi @GrayFox 

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Can you also confirm potential engineer charges Engineer charges

0 Likes

Message 9 of 44

Yeah no difference in speed.  looks like a engineer visit then..

0 Likes

Message 10 of 44
0 Likes

Message 11 of 44
0 Likes

Message 12 of 44

New cable is arriving today (from prime) so will test and leave overnight then get back tomorrow.

Message 13 of 44

Morning @GrayFox 

How are you getting on? Did you have a chance to try with the different cable?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 44

Hi @GrayFox 

Yes of course, please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 44

Can I get back to you tomorrow since I wanna change the rj11 to 45 cable we have running to the router then try it. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 44

Hi @GrayFox 

I can see re connections on the line but the line test is clear.

If the connection is dropping with the new router at the test socket then we will need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 44

Hi.

Connection keeps dropping every couple of days and now down to 35mbps from the normal 65.  Using the connection check it says need to investigate further but then doesn't detect a fault with the 5min check..

0 Likes

Message 18 of 44
0 Likes

Message 19 of 44

Hi @GrayFox 

How's the connection/speed been since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 44

Hi GrayFox,

Unfortunately we can't manually change your profile but DLM should change it over the next few days if the connection remains stable

Chris

0 Likes