FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updated to fibre65

oldred
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

Hi can you help please, upgraded to fibre65 and my wifi is now worse than before we have up to  10 devices connected at any one time but all constantly struggle to connect to the network and when watching players or streaming services prime/Netflix etc constant buffering I am being charged for this service and have been unable to use wifi consistently since upgrade please advise thanks?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 16

The team here won't be able to deal with this, you will need to contact customer services directly. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi Ferguson thanks for the reply but the speed wasn't erratic it was nonexistent they had to supply a new router to bring the wifi into my property as the one I had was not fit for purpose this surely constitutes a loss of service if I am unable to use it.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 16

Raise a formal complaint, there is no other procedure for things like erratic wifi speeds, compensation is only generally awarded for total loss of service. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi, Chris received my new router on 27/08/21 and have had great wifi all over the house ever since 10 plus devices connected with no problems. would like to discuss my bill from 19/07/21 to 18/08/21 and my next bill from 19/08/21 to 26/08/21 as I had no useable wifi at that time please review and advise, regards Paul.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi oldred,

I've ordered a router, it should be with you within a couple of working days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 16

@oldred I have merged your new topic into this existing thread, it will only cause confusion if you don't stick to this one.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi, Chris sorry that you can't see my posts last spoke to Debbie on 05/08/21 and was offered a replacement router she to said that the line test was clear and that there had been no faults previously however I only have sporadic internet and most of the time it drops out cant stream any tv at all and my family is burning all of there mobile data to try n stay online please help.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi oldred,

I'm sorry but we can't see any emails that you send, you need to post the Community

Line test is clear and your router is in sync at 74.8Mbps, also not showing any disconnections in the last 4 days - are you still unable to connect to the Internet?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

If I do not get a reply and the situation isn't resolved I will seek further advice

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi, Debbie have been trying to contact you but now have no wifi connection at all replied to you via my phone on 06/08/21 and then sent another mail with a plea for an update on the eta of the replacement router I am now using my mobile to tether my pc so I can send this. cannot view any Netflix, Prime or Now tv as they cant connect either have no signal to connect to or just keeps saying you have no wifi connection I have also been billed for my first month of wifi upgrade which seems a little bizarre as I am unable to use it    

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi oldred

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 73.5mb.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

oldred
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 16

powered down as advised and tried to stream programmes yesterday but was buffering quite regularly woke up this morning to no internet connection although the lights on my router and plugs are all green tried to search for my wifi address and was not on the list switched off and went to work switched back on tonight all connected again family at home all day with no internet connection paying for a service I'm not getting help, please.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi oldred

How are you getting on following the 30 minute power down of the router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

oldred
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 16

will try n get back to you thanks.

paulshent
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Have you tried a 30 min power down of router since upgrade.  If not please try this.

This should allow the router to create a new connection with network

Then retest