cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Cancelled install of fibre 150

ricksmith
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I received an email today cancelling my fibre 150 including Digital voice service installation which was planned for the 21st. Apparently according to the email due to my property not being suitable for digital voice service.

I contacted talktalk asking for more details and I was advised that due to me requiring a phone line that is able to connect to medical equipment digital voice is not suitable. I advised the Customer service rep (Clent, a very helpful and understanding guy) that I do not rely on a phone connection for anything other than receiving calls from my wife’s elderly parents, who are not very good with technology and also the issue that we have with poor mobile phone signal in the property.

Clent, said he would  contact City fibre as it was City Fibre that cancelled the installation. He then came back with further reasons and advised that the installation was cancelled due to there being a blockage in the Openreach ducting in the road outside my property . I again advised this was not right as City fibre attended on Monday when they cleared a blockage and pulled through the new cable which is now poking out of the ducting at my front door, where it waits together with a small reel of fibre, waiting to be pushed through the wall and terminated to the user connection point. Clent again went back to City Fibre and now advised that City Fibre don’t offer a digital voice service in my area!. Eventually after 2 hours on the phone back and forth with City Fibre, Clent said he would escalate  this to his manager. After another 15 minutes on hold I was eventually promised an install date of the 29th which will include a digital voice service. So given the lies and false excuses already given and the fact that I have not yet received an email or text confirmation that the installation will actually take place as promised . I  would appreciate it if this is looked into asap and written confirmation provided that installation including DVS  will take place on the 29th of February.
This has already been raised as a complaint and I  look forward to an early and amicable resolution..

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I'm glad you got your problem sorted, but please dont post personal addresses, our complaints process can be found at the bottom of this page.

0 Likes

ricksmith
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 2 of 7

It’s amazing what an email to the CEO achieves . Within 30 minutes of sending, two text messages an email reply a phone call and installation including DVS booked for 5th of March. So if anyone else is struggling to get satisfaction through these forums I would recommend contacting.

** removed **

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Well let’s hope someone picks this up on Monday morning however, I won’t be holding my breath 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

@ricksmith, staff on here would have finished work earlier in the day on Friday - you posted after 8.30pm.

They will be back on early Monday morning. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ricksmith
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

I received a call from to complaints department however the guy was unaware of the cancellation and advised he needs to contact the installation team, however as the don’t work weekends this would now be Monday. 

Could someone from talktalk that monitors these pages please look into this and advise if installation is scheduled for the 29th

0 Likes

ricksmith
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

33 views and no one from talktalk able to  confirm my request. Wow customer service at its best.

0 Likes