cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Considering upgrading to Talk Talk Full Fibre 150

Xpander43
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 32

We currently have Talk Talk Fibre 35 at home. Full Fibre is being rolled out in our street and immediate area. Once we are out of contract at the end of May 2025 with TalkTalk, I am interested in upgrading to TalkTalk Full Fibre 150. We would still require a landline for calls. The price and extra speed is very appealing. I understand it comes with a new eero 6 router? Can someone tell me how many ethernet ports it has please? Also our current Talk Talk WiFi hub router is situated about 5-6 metres from the main socket and telephone in another room. I use a 10 metre broadband extension cable to connect the router to the ADSL filter connected to the main socket, feeding this cable over the top of a door frame and along a skirting board. Will this cable still be used to connect the new router to the main socket? Finally, what is involved when the engineer visits to carry out the installation please?

Matthew

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 21 of 32

Yes, but you mentioned both flavours. 🙂

0 Likes

Message 22 of 32

See their comment in message #5. @Xpander43 is now considering Fibre65. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 23 of 32

@Gliwmaeden2 

The poster is looking at upgrading to Full Fibre 150.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 32

SAGEMCOM is fine for everything from my basic ADSL to Fibre65 (fibre to the cabinet) and Fibre65, full fibre to the premises, @Xpander43.

If you go for the Full Fibre 65, you can plug your phone into the router, if you have the Hub2. That's a simpler way to keep your landline number while actually having full fibre installed.

The phone line service MUST be specified at the time of ordering if you go for Full Fibre65. It can't be added later. 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 32

Nope, just plug and play. Another power socket need though.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 32

Thanks for the link on ethernet switches. I found a high rated one that would be perfect for my needs for just over twenty pounds - bookmarked. Would it just straightforwardly connect to the eero 6 router via an ethernet cable and is there any other configuration of the ethernet switch required once you have plugged in all your wired ethernet devices?

0 Likes

Message 27 of 32

The lack of ethernet ports can be easily surmounted with a simple ethernet switch, some examples can be found here

0 Likes

Xpander43
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 32

Thank you for your replies. Our connection is provided by Openreach. From your advice having the full fibre connection box close to where the new router will go, is best. The only sticking point for me is the fact that all four ethernet ports are currently in use with our existing Talk Talk WiFi Hub Router for our fibre 35 connection. The new eero 6 router only has one or two ethernet ports (and one of these is required for a digital voice adaptor for connecting a phone), and as one of the articles linked to in one of your posts, necessities purchase of a network switch to expand upon the possible wired ethernet ports. What is the typical price of these (1000mbps capable) please?

It maybe that at the moment fibre 65 is the better option connectivity wise as we only use the WiFi capability of the Talk Talk WiFi Hub Router for two smartphone devices and one tablet. One other question, does fibre 65 and fibre 35 run with the same Talk Talk WiFi Hub Router? Ours is a Sagemcom navy blue TalkTalk WiFi hub router and has one light on the front for showing the connection status and comes with four ethernet ports. If so, I think maybe fibre 65 is the better upgrade for us at the moment, when out of contract.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 32

Hi @Xpander43 

You cannot use broadband cable. Get the installer to site the ONT as close to the router's location as you can (it does not need to go anywhere near the old master socket, that has nothing to do with full fibre. Then get a long enough Cat 6 minimum Ethernet cable & run that from where the ONT is to where the eero will be. I often use small white plastic self-adhesive trunking to hide the cable in.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 32

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Community

If the network supplier is Openreach or City Fibre then yes it will come with the eero 6. You'll lose the landline but would usually get a VoIP service if this is available. The eero has 2 Ethernet ports, but these are both usually take by the ethernet cable to the ONT and the digital voice adapter. (the links that Gliwmaeden2 has posted should answer any other questions)

Chris 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 32

Some initial articles to get you started, @Xpander43:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/eerosetup

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-eero-s-advanced-features/ta-p/2936230

0 Likes