cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Customer services - Refusing to TalkTalk to me!

YaBoyScoops
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I switched to BT and TalkTalk failed to close my account down because apparently they received no notification of it, now BT and TalkTalk are both arguing. BT tells me they sent an "Advice of Transfer" when they applied to take over the service, TalkTalk are accusing them of lying and that they didn't send one. 

I'm obviously stuck in the middle of all this as it's a case of who's telling the truth... I was instructed by BT that I would need to cancel TalkTalk manually, but my God this process was HARD! It took me over fifteen (yes, that is not a typo!) phone calls to get my TalkTalk account cancelled because I kept getting hung up on or they would put me on hold and I'd get transferred to a different department... Not really doing yourselves any favours their TalkTalk!

When I did finally get TalkTalk to cancel my account I was told it'd be 30 days notice from that day and I'd get a notification via letter and E-Mail confirming the cancellation date. The 30 days notice has ended and I STILL haven't heard a thing from TalkTalk! No E-Mail, no letter, nothing!

I decided to try and raise a complaint with both BT and TalkTalk to try and find out who's telling the truth and who isn't. BT had no issue at all with raising a complaint and even said in writing that if they find out the error is their end they will pay the outstanding balances owed to TalkTalk. However, I've tried to raise a complaint with TalkTalk and they are *refusing* to open a complaint for me. When I keep pushing them, they tell me they are gonna place me on hold briefly and then I just sit on hold indefinitely! I've tried to make a complaint at least 10 times and they either put me on hold indefinitely or hang up which lets be honest, seems dodgy as ****!! As per their complaints procedure, I've even requested to speak to a manager 4 times and they are refusing to let me speak to one! 

Does anyone know of another way I can make a complaint with TalkTalk? Right now it's kinda looking like TalkTalk have messed up and they don't want to own up to it so they're just ignoring me instead...

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi 

The migration process for Full fibre (FTTP) is not the same as FTTC which relies on the request from another provider to take the landline number, your package was a Data Only meaning no request to take the number was  received which is why the account remained active and, did require the named account holder to contact us to cancel the account.   This process is still being worked on with all providers. 

In terms of requesting a call recording information on a Subject Access Request (SAR) can be found on our help page Understanding your data rights - TalkTalk Help & Support

Regards

Message 2 of 6

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @YaBoyScoops.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Sorry for the delay in responding, I had an E-Mail back from the CEO's office so thought I might be getting somewhere. I have now filled all the requested details in.

I am a little shocked to say the least of a call I received this morning from someone under the CEO. Apparently it was MY job to ring TalkTalk and cancel the service and then sign up to someone else... Sorry, what? That is NOT how switching providers works! If I was moving from TalkTalk to say Virgin Media or Hyperoptic, then yes I would have to ring you to cancel, but I didn't, I switched to BT! Not only is this what's known as a "One-Stop Switch" by Ofcom themselves (LINK) but you even say all this on your own help pages!!

At this point it just comes across as you're deliberately trying to pull the wool over my eyes to make a few extra quid.

On another note, could you please provide me with an E-Mail address for your FOI team so that I can request a copy of the recording of the aforementioned phone call.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi YaBoyScoops

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

hybridmedia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

The lack of anything in writing seems a common issue, I have been bitten by this myself canceling a line, being told it was all done, but in fact was just a way to get me off the line it seems.  I did find I seemed to get some more success when i complained on a facebook advert from them, and said I was not happy, and some one senior actually called me back. To be fair from what I have seen on this community forum, the talk talk people on here seem to try and help, and able to help more than just calling the normal number

0 Likes