cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre 150 installed yesterday

Barrowman
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

Hi folk, I hope someone can help this 79 year old understand why when I had fibre 65 copper wired to my house I had better wifi all over the house than I do now I have full fibre.

Yes I do have 150mb download speed in my lounge but everywhere else it drops down to it's lowest reading of 1.4mb in my conservatory where my wife sits in the afternoons. With my fibre 65 I used to get around 32mb speed in the conservatory - now it's virtually nothing and makes it impossible for her to watch anything.

Any comments appreciated, thank you.

Barrowman
0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Barrowman
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 31

Hello again support team.

Update...... The system worked well for a week after installing the second eero it constantly gave me 151 mbps but now it's gone downhill as you will see if you check my online speed checks.

The first speed check I did today was, download 58 mbps and 29 mbps upload, the second was 83mbps and 29mbps,  I've just done a speed test on my iPhone and it's only 38 Mbps. 

Tried to do your online connection test and it wont let me do one for some reason, in fact the only thing it will let me do is the speed test nothing else. Any comments, surgestions or anything else you can do to remedy this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Barrowman
0 Likes

Message 22 of 31

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Barrowman
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 31

New eero arrived yesterday, all appears to be working fine now its set up...

Thanks for your help Karl.

Barrowman
0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Barrowman
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 31

Thank you Karl

I will look foreward to that and hopefully This old fella will be able to set it up okay. Thanks again.

Barrowman
0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

Hi

OK, I'll get a second eero out to you, to use to extend the wifi signal and see if this helps with the signal coverage within the home.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Barrowman
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 31

No, no powerline adapters or wifi boosters, to be honest I'm not even sure what they are....

Barrowman
0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Hi

In the previous setup, did you only have a router, or did you have powerline adapters or wifi boosters in place ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Barrowman
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 31

Yes, it was replaced with an eero6 supplied by TalkTalk along with a voip box for my landline.

Barrowman
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 30 of 31

Hi

Did you replace the router when you had fibre 150 installed ?

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes