cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Future Fibre Email

FlameWheel64
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

I received an email from TalkTalk saying my Future Fibre is now ready. I know for a fact this isn't true as we're unable to have the infastructure installed at our address. We're happy with our current out-of-contract Fibre 65 VoIP service & would like to keep using it.

What I wanted to know was: Does this email mean TalkTalk are going to move us onto a Future Fibre deal despite not having the infrastructure available? Or was this just a blanket email sent out to all customers within a certain area?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

When we find away to fix the account we will let you know ASAP.  We will need to manually adjust the bill to your old package price.

Message 2 of 17

Thanks again for your help, will I get some kind of email or letter about this? Do you know if this will affect my monthly costs?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi @FlameWheel64

The fibre team have confirmed that you are not on FTTP, so we will need to make your billing account reflect this.

I will send this off to the relevant team. 

Message 5 of 17

And you.  🙂

Message 6 of 17

No problem at all, thanks a lot for your help, have a great weekend. 😀

Message 7 of 17

OK, puzzling. There may be a mismatch on the database somewhere. I have asked the support team to have another look, but bear in mind they won't be back online until after the weekend. 

Message 8 of 17

I'm not entirely sure. It just says the current deal is Fibre 65 VoIP on my account page, I've never used the VoIP service to my knowledge.

Message 9 of 17

OK, that makes sense to me. Other than where does the VoIP bit come in?

Message 10 of 17

It's a router connected to a phone jack in the wall, which I believe makes it a DSL connection. I'm not knowledgable about this so I hope that's what you were asking.

Message 11 of 17

How is the internet delivered to your property e.g. combined router/modem, separate ONT, or what?

Message 12 of 17

Thanks again for your help. I believe what you're seeing is true on your end but I'm almost certain we aren't on Future Fibre. We never had an engineer come over to install anything & the speeds & connection we are getting aren't even close to what Future Fibre promises. I think there's been a mistake from yourselves, is there an email or phone number I could use to get in touch with someone & explain this situation? Thanks in advance for any further guidance.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi @FlameWheel64

Thank you for updating your profile. 

Your account is indeed showing as Fibre 65 VOIP which is FTTP.  (future fibre) , if you called us you could get a better price than the out of contract price you are paying at the moment. 

Call  03451720088  and ask to speak to the future fibre team. 

Hope that helps. 

Message 14 of 17

Hello, thanks for your reply. I've updated my profile, I used the TalkTalk phone number field to input my account number as I couldn't find anywhere else to put it. It would be strange if I were a Future Fibre customer as I cancelled the engineer appointment last year as my property is rented & I never heard anything else about it. Thanks in advance for any help or clarification you can provide.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi @FlameWheel64

Thanks for your post, it does sound like you are already on future fibre.

I can look into this, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

If you have VoIP from TT then you must already have a Future Fibre product !