cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

How soon should there be three blue lights on the DVA box?

zebidee88
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 99 of 99

The engineer completed my 150 fibre connection this morning, he had not seen a Eero router before and was not familiar with the DVA box. I have seen in a couple of places the phone can take an hour to work.

It is now over five hours and there are still just two blue lights on the DVA and no phone. I have disconnected the DVA checked the connections and pressed the reset button. The box is connected as per the quick set up guide. The three blue lights flash on when the box is powered up but only the power and internet lights stay on. There are two lights on the back of the box, one is green and flashes as if data is passing the other is a constant amber colour. If I pick up the phone and press the green button on the phone there is a dialling tone, if I then dial a number as I get towards the end of the number there is what sounds like a rapid engaged tone, also whilst the dialling tone is heard the blue phone light on the DVA flashes.

The up and down speeds are fluctuating which I assume is normal until the connection settles, at one stage the upload speed was 6. The engineer was looking at his phone to check the installation and asked me what release phoneline might be.

If I look in my account it still only shows my previous contract which has expired and not the new one that should have started a couple of days before the expiry. 

0 Likes
98 REPLIES 98

Message 81 of 99

Hello,

Just a quick update. We believe that this is linked to an incident that our Network Team are currently investigating this. I will post back an update as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 82 of 99

Hi again,

Thank you. I've let our Faults Escalation team know now.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 83 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk Yes please my mobile number ending in 60 is in my details.

0 Likes

Message 84 of 99

Morning,

Can I just confirm, you'd like them to call from 4pm onwards today on your mobile?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 85 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  My on-line account was updated yesterday and I have managed to download the phone app. I have a voicemail message from TT I think it must have been to the landline as there is no record of such a call showing on my mobile and it did not ring. They said they would call back today between 14.00 and 16.00 but we will be out then, so I tried to call them back on the number they gave and ended up with a 37 minute call that was not a good experience. I was trying to let them know we will be in until 13.00 and then from 16.00 onwards.

We really need the normal number as my wife cannot hear a mobile phone but can hear the landline phone. We have not registered as such but we do qualify to register as a vulnerable household. We are willing to bite the bullet and move to a voip phone but cannot afford to be with a line long term. I have temporarily put the app on a spare mobile.

0 Likes

Message 86 of 99

Morning,

Can I just confirm, did someone from the team call you directly? If not then I will chase this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

zebidee88
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 87 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk I have just had a thirty seven minute conversation with technical support, they are truly awful.  I had to explain what an ONT and a DVA was!!!!!  Reading from a script, heavy Indian accent, noisy call centre and repeatedly forgetting he had muted his phone.   It didn't help when the BT engineer left saying he didn't know why the DVA was not working.  I have been escalated to the back room, my heart sunk. Had I known the installation was going to need four days (31/10 01/11 07/11 08/11)  and end up with having to deal with the call centre I would have walked away from TT. The only saving grace is this forum and the staff on it, woe betide anyone with a problem that the forum staff cannot fix.

0 Likes

Message 88 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  I have just had a text and email telling me my fibre is all up and running, hopefully part of the mending process as the dva still only has two lights. As we are now completely without a land or voip phone I have downloaded the app so calls come to my mobile, hopefully this will ensure our number does not get "lost". Will this hamper the mending process at all?

0 Likes

Message 89 of 99

Hi,

I'll raise this straight over to our Faults Escalation team now and will post back as soon as they come back to me. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 90 of 99

hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  Tested still only two blue lights, if I call our number I get the message "the number you have called cannot accept this call please hang up and try later".

Now not even the old aluminium cable phone working.

0 Likes

Message 91 of 99

Hi,

Would you mind trying the reset one more time please if the DVA still won't connect then I will escalate this to our Faults Escalation Team.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 92 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  We are now worse off, retesting still only two blue lights on the dva, plus now our old copper landline no longer works and we have people checking on us as they cannot get through.

0 Likes

Message 93 of 99

Hi again,

Would you mind retesting the voice/voip service again please let us know if you are now able to connect please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 94 of 99

Hello,

Thank you. We're currently looking into this and we'll post back as soon as we know more.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 95 of 99

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk  I have completed the requested details.

Message 96 of 99

Hi zebidee88

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 97 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk the internet is showing 150 down and 29 up, I have wifi not spots in the house, with the old router I used two other routers as hard wired repeaters which I cannot do with the Eero, so it is much faster but not as effective as I now have devices that struggle to work and a desktop computer that was hard wired and is now unusable until I get a usb dongle.

I tried as you suggested twice, once with the phone plugged in and once without, both times waited half-a-hour and nothing happened still no phone blue light on the dva. There are two lights by the dva input socket, one is green and flickers, the other is a steady amber, I assume they should not both be green?

I would have thought some changes would have to be made in my account and at the exchange, my account still does not show my new contract, and I would have thought something would need to be done at the exchange so that the DVA "knows my phone number".

As the attempted fix used a different network cable that is not faulty, if it is a device problem it could be a faulty short phone cable conversion lead or DVA box, but I would be more inclined to think someone has forgotten to do something ether with my account or at the exchange. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 98 of 99

Morning,

Thank you for your post. So just to confirm, the broadband connection is working ok, it's just the DVA/voice service that won't connect? 

Can you try the following, plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes