cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

How soon should there be three blue lights on the DVA box?

zebidee88
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 99 of 99

The engineer completed my 150 fibre connection this morning, he had not seen a Eero router before and was not familiar with the DVA box. I have seen in a couple of places the phone can take an hour to work.

It is now over five hours and there are still just two blue lights on the DVA and no phone. I have disconnected the DVA checked the connections and pressed the reset button. The box is connected as per the quick set up guide. The three blue lights flash on when the box is powered up but only the power and internet lights stay on. There are two lights on the back of the box, one is green and flashes as if data is passing the other is a constant amber colour. If I pick up the phone and press the green button on the phone there is a dialling tone, if I then dial a number as I get towards the end of the number there is what sounds like a rapid engaged tone, also whilst the dialling tone is heard the blue phone light on the DVA flashes.

The up and down speeds are fluctuating which I assume is normal until the connection settles, at one stage the upload speed was 6. The engineer was looking at his phone to check the installation and asked me what release phoneline might be.

If I look in my account it still only shows my previous contract which has expired and not the new one that should have started a couple of days before the expiry. 

0 Likes
98 REPLIES 98

Message 41 of 99

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk  Probably best to wait until  anytime Tuesday next week. I will be in all day and the phone might be working again.

Really not good at the moment, four different install days, charged extra for the days that the install was screwed up (not by me) a phone that didn't work when installed and doesn't work now, a router that uses a channel my devices can't see, and also blocks a completely safe website. Plus the icing on the cake an email saying my requested changes are done with a go live date today, I didn't request any changes.

I restarted everything more times than I can remember yesterday, at one time the Eero was actually on a low channel that could be seen, but has walked up to a high number again.

I have started another thread about the completed unrequested changes.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 99

Hi zebidee88

When would be the best time to make contact with you? (by phone)

0 Likes

Message 43 of 99

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk Someone called me from an 0800 number whilst I was driving, the app rang on my phone but did not seem to work with the car bluetooth. I am back home now.

I have tried calling back but it goes to the call centre, the person  spoke to just kept repeating every word that I said, due to past experiences with the call centre I politely gave up. The person that called said they will ring back on Friday between 1200 and 1400, I am afraid I will be out all day on Friday.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 99

Hi zebidee88

Thanks for your reply.

As I have escalated this, my colleague is attempting to contact you (from our Network Team) to discuss this issue further.

They will make another attempt to contact you this week by phone.

0 Likes

Message 45 of 99

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk  Thanks for that the Eero is causing no end of problems. I am an emergency Responder and the Eero is messing up DNS and IP addresses. The error message below is because the Eero is retuning the wrong IP address. The site below has a valid certificate until February 2024, but because the Eero doesn't know what it is doing, it changes the IP to a completely different address with an invalid certificate. Our in house IT person who wrote the software for the site that is being blocked has proven this by pinging. This is 100% down to the Eero

zebidee88_0-1702471638844.png

0 Likes

Message 46 of 99

Hi zebidee88

Apologies, the Hub2 router is still not showing as dispatched, I'm really sorry about this. I have escalated this again.

In regards to making and receiving calls, there is an issue being investigated at the moment but our Network/Incident teams.

I will post back as soon as I have further information.

0 Likes

Message 47 of 99

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk   Any news on the router yet? I now have no phone either, I have reset both the Eero and the DVA but it does not clear the problem. We actually had a relative come over and check on us as they could not contact us by phone!

0 Likes

zebidee88
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 99

A question for Keith French if I may.

I am a member of a Response group and use a group website. The Eero router is all but useless as it is stuck on channel 153 which is unusable by almost every one of my devices. I have been getting by as I have two more routers being used as wifi repeaters set on channels that work. The returned router had the address 192.168.1.1 the repeaters have 1.2 and 1.3.  The repeaters have the same ssid and password but use different channels and work as a mesh.

The Eero has a different address so the repeaters are not working as they should and the Eero is creating a false DNS return of the site IP address which causes the site to be blocked. Setting the site as a false block on the Eero app partially fixes things as the site becomes reachable but it doesn't work as it should.

So at present I only get by, by using two long ethernet cables and two additional routers whilst the Eero lives in its own world in the corner. Our group IT person spent three hours yesterday trying to fix things but without being able to get the Eero address was unable to fix things. I know you don't have an Eero, but do you have any suggestions?

I suspect Amazon will replace the Eero and are using TT to clear their stocks as it is not fit for purpose and does not deliver the service that TT claim to sell. 

0 Likes

Message 49 of 99

Hi zebidee88

I'm really sorry about this. I've escalated this to our Warehouse Team and I will keep checking this for updates and I will post back on this thread.

0 Likes

Message 50 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  Just in case something has gone wrong, the Eero is still on channel 153 and no sign of a test router yet

0 Likes

Message 51 of 99

Good morning,

Ah that's very kind of you to say 🙂 We'll speak to you again next week and have a lovely weekend.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 52 of 99

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk  the staff on this forum are the jewel in TT's crown, if the call centre had been the only option I would have walked away from TT some time ago, and I am sure I am not alone in thinking that.

0 Likes

Message 53 of 99

Great thanks for confirming. We've requested that the wifi hub 2 is sent and also requested a router returns bag as well. This usually takes around 48hrs to arrive. We'll check back in with you on Monday to see if this has arrived and how you're getting on.

It would be worth keeping hold of both eero/router for a few days just to ensure that the connection/issue has been resolved before returning any of the equipment.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 54 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk Yes please that would be good. I don't use the TT speed tests so that will not be a problem, I assume there will be a return bag for whichever unit needs to be sent back.

Message 55 of 99

Hi again,

Ok, as you're experiencing issues with both the wireless connection and also the DVA intermittently dropping the voice service, would you like us to try and send a wifi hub 2 to see how this compares? We just have to advise that when the Hub 2 router is connected then your My Connection may still identify that the eero is connected and may not be able to run a TalkTalk Speed Test, would this be ok? 

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 56 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  No, TT supplied me with an HG633 which has been returned along with an unopened Grandstream, and then an Eero for the 150 install.

0 Likes

Message 57 of 99

Hi zebidee88,

Have we ever sent you a Wifi Hub 2 router? I've had a read through your thread but couldn't see if we have before?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 58 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  I have an Eero and two of the routers shown below.

An elderly friend also a TT customer had fibre150 installed by cityfibre on the same day, she got a Hub and has been problem free.

I have two of these using ethernet cables to remove notspots upstairs and at the opposite end of the house, they cost £14 each from a well known online seller. I have set them up so that they are broadcasting 5hz on channel 120 upstairs and channel 52 downstairs.

zebidee88_1-1701337079226.png

0 Likes

Message 59 of 99

Good morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-raised the wifi channel issue back to our Devices Manager and will keep you updated.

Can I just confirm again, you also have the wifi hub 2 router but the VOIP service doesn't work on this router?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 60 of 99

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk  Yes it is still on 153 which makes it fairly useless, and for good measure our phone failed on Monday. People calling heard ringing when they called us, but we had no ring tone. Reseting the grand stream fixed it but not very good we are now advising people not to use our landline number.

There was an update to the phone app yesterday, I turned the Eero off for an hour then reconnected but the app update has made no difference to the channel in use, nor provided the means to change it

I think TT should have second thoughts about supplying the Eero as it is so inflexible. I am getting by with two other routers via ethernet cables and a switch box hardly the product I signed up for. They might be better going for the hub

0 Likes