cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Internet Problem

Mickyt160
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 13

Would it be possible to check if I have an issue with line/connection currently

My phoneline crackles when in use, sometimes terribly even at best there is a audible crackle but sometimes it is near inaudible 

We often suffer dropouts when viewing NOW or Netflix through YouVIew box which returns to homescreen. 

recently purchased Amazon Luna Controller and child was playing via Firestick yesterday in same room as router. The error message 'Network Issues' constantly shown on TV and gameplay was terrible. Should the speeds on my current package support such gameplay??

Many thanks

Michael

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

AliRizwanamreen
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

I reported that the signal came once and then went away after 10 minutes

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Mickyt160,

I've order the router, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

that would be great thanks.

We streamed Sport via NOW TV yesterday with no issues,

after the router appeared to re-boot itself a few times. 

We do continue to see 'network issues' when using Amazon Luna, 

but maybe this is down to Luna App?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Morning,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test now which is clear for both voice and broadband, however I can see re-connections on the line. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Staff will reply after the weekend, @Mickyt160.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Mickyt160
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 13

just to add, the phone handset is not a new, just a cheap handset as landline use is very limited

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

I have plugged the phone directly into the openreach socket and found the line to be not crackling as much,

perhaps a little distortion going on. Land line use is limited honest. Crackling is intermittent, some days better than others.

Router appears to be re-booting itself on occasions today, Saturday 02.12.

Appreciate different technologies but connection for gaming is woeful, yet streaming say NOW TV appears no obvious issue

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi Michael

Thank you. Please let us know how you get on and if you are still experiencing this fault.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

thanks, will check that when I return home 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Michael

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults - Line test is clear.

Is the noise still present if you test with just the phone at the test socket with the router removed from the line?

0 Likes

Mickyt160
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 13

just to add there is significant reduction in internet performance when phone line is in use

0 Likes