cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero WiFi Channels

GerryMac
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Hi,

Been reading other threads regarding the above. My EEros are using Ch155, with a control channel 153,( 5HGz) with intermittent breaks in connection. I have 3 eeros, one in living room and the other in dining room and one connected to the fibre box, but as I move from room to room my smartphone seems to connect to the furthest unit. This happens quite regular tioo with the main TV connecting to either the hall/dining room which buffers ITVX/I-Player at times..this means I have to reset the Network connections on the TV for it to connect to the nearest eero.

Is this a problem with All eeros on 5GHz only.

The 2.4 GHz is using CH6,Control Ch6 with no issues.

Cheers.

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and please let us know if anything does change.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

GerryMac
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

Morning Michelle,

My connection has been 100% since the weekend. I,ve checked the Ch change and it,s now on Ch42 on 5GHz. I,m now connecting to each eero thats sited around the ground level of my home. When I go up-stairs it,s still connecting to one of them even though I have a TP Link extender plugged in on the landing.

Will monitor and post back if there are any significant changes.

Many thanks for your assistance on this, as alaways.

Cheers.

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Morning Gerry,

How has your connection been over the last few days?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the update. I'll ask the team to confirm if the update has been rolled out.

Michelle

GerryMac
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 17

Morning Michelle,

Had a problem over the weekend with the I-Player playing up. I just reset Network setting within the TV and connected fine. Unsure as to what eero it connected to.

Checked the App and the 5GHZ is now back to CH42, over the weekend it had reverted back to 42.

I,m typing from the dining room and both my phone and the other TV are connected to the nearest eero, which isn,t too far away.

I take it the Fix has been rolled out?

Will keep retesting over the next few days.

G

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Morning Gerry,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

GerryMac
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

Hi Chris,

In work now but will test this evening and will post up-dates if any occur.

Cheers.

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Gerry,

The fix may have been applied but we haven't had confirmation back yet. Could you please retest and let us know how you get on

Chris

GerryMac
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 17

Hi Michelle,

Had a notification on my phone yesterday for an update on my eero. Got home from work last  night and performed another update. AFAIR I had done one last week to. Last night I looked and seen the channel had changed. In work now so can't  check but it,s definitely changed.

Would that be the update?...current software is v7.2.2-16.

Will check tonight when I finish work.

Cheers

GM

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Morning,

I've chased this for an update now so I'm hoping to receive an update shortly.

Michelle

Message 11 of 17

Hi Gerry,

Great thank you 🙂 I've passed this straight over to our Devices Manager now and have asked them to apply the fix for this. I will post back here as soon as it has been completed.

Thanks again 🙂

Michelle

GerryMac
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 17

Hi Michelle,

All details asked for now entered.

will await news of any up-dates.

Gerry.

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi again,

Could you add your home telephone number or account number to your Community Profile please. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Michelle

Message 14 of 17

Hi Gerry,

Ok thanks for confirming. I will raise this to our Devices Team now as there is a fix that can be applied for the channel 155 issue. I'll post back to confirm once this has been applied so that you can retest this.

Thanks

Michelle

GerryMac
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Hi Michelle,

It seems to be a few the ones that I have mentioned, the main TV in living room, 2 other smartphones and another TV in dining room. I think the TV in dining room is connected to the RE300 TPLink extender which is upstairs on landing. That gives a one bar signal for this TV. All TV,s and phones all up-dated to latest firmware.

Cheers.

YNWA-JFT 97

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi Gerry,

Can I just confirm, is it all devices or specific devices which are experiencing this issue on channel 155 please?

Thanks

Michelle