cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Keep losing Internet and eero light goes red

Woody179!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

I keep losing my internet connection, the eero light goes red. This happened about a half a dozen times on Saturday 12th October and then happened once again today (14th October), each time it has happened all 3 lights on the ont have been green. The first 3 times it happened on the Saturday, rebooting the eero restored connectivity, the last 3 resulted in me having to power down the ont for 30 minutes. Today it has happened again, but this time restarting the eero worked.

I only went live with full fibre on August 2nd and until October 12th everything was fine, does this indicate a fault with my fibre connection or a problem with the eero?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Woody179!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 11

Hi Debbie,

Unfortunately the problem still persists, no internet and red light at approx 1600 today, 3 green lights on the ont though, restarting the eero didn't get rid of the red light, had to power off the ont for approx 20 minutes, restart it and then the eero to get the broadband  working again. 

Paul

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi Paul

That's great, we will check in again with you on Friday to see how you are getting on.

Thanks

Debbie

Woody179!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 11

New eero arrived today and now installed, will leave it a few days before returning the old unit to see if this cures the problem.

Thank you for your help

Paul

Message 4 of 11
0 Likes

Woody179!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Thanks Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Paul,

I would just ignore that, it's an automated email that's sent out everytime we ordered an eero, apologies for any confusion 

Chris

Woody179!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Thank you Chris, I've received an email detailing the order but noticed it said that I had added Total Home Wi-Fi included - 24M contact. I was on an 18 month contract, I'm not planning on leaving TalkTalk as I've always had good service in the last 20+ years so I'm not really bothered about this, but if it has increased to 24 months, is it the same price?

Thanks,

Paul 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi Paul,

I've ordered the replacement eero, it should be delivered within 5 working days

Chris

Woody179!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Good morning Michelle,

A new eero to test if it solves the problem would be brilliant, I did get the red light and no internet again last night twice, but restarting the eero solved the problem each time.  I have checked and all cables are secure.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on your line now which is clear and I can see 1 re-connection on the line. Are all the cables connected securely to the eero and the ONT? If this is still happening then I think we should send a replacement eero for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Michelle