cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Migration from shell to fibre 500, Not getting speeds

Martin0918
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

I Migrated from shell a week ago, I was on 205Mb and was told my new  package with  talk talk was Fibre 500, but I have had no increase in speeds. My speeds are still maxing out at 205Mb.

Martin
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 23

Hi Martin,

Apologies, this would have to be looked at by our Shell Migration Team. When did you last speak to the team?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

This all seems to have to be "owned" as an issue by the Shell Migration team, @luk3du, not the forum staff.

There is a Complaints link at the foot of any Talktalk page. Setting that process in motion might help a bit.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Hi Karl, I’ve done this a few times now and get a different answer every time I call

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

I was told there was an issue and would be sorted sometime this month. I am going to give them until the end of the month  and if it is still not sorted out I am going to  speak to a solicitor to find out if it  is a breach of contract.

Martin

Message 5 of 23

Hi

Call 0345  172 0088 and request to speak to the Shell Migrations Team, and they can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

luk3du
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 23

I have the exact same issue as yourself. Been told numerous things over the phone such as the name of the package has changed but the speed hasn’t, it’ll happen in the next couple of months, and someone who said they’d fix it and call me the next day, but this never happened. 

Anyone got an update on this at all? 🙂

thanks! 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

I have the exact same issue as yourself. Been told numerous things over the phone such as the name of the package has changed but the speed hasn’t, it’ll happen in the next couple of months, and someone who said they’d fix it and call me the next day, but this never happened. 

Anyone got an update on this at all? 🙂

thanks! 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi @Martin0918 

I've been advised that there is an issue as the packages that Shell had, where not used by TalkTalk so a little work is needed in the background before you can be upgraded to 500 speeds.  I've been advised this will be delivered in September.

You are not being charged any differently of course and the free speed upgrade will be implemented in September automatically.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 23

Hi @Martin0918 

You will have to wait for TalkTalk now on Monday, as advised by @Gliwmaeden2. There is nothing more we can do.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Other than trying another 30 minute switch off, perhaps Sunday, @Martin0918, wait for staff to get back after the weekend. 

Talktalk obviously know about it as Karl referred to an "issue/delay".

Don't try the switch off too many times as that can start getting treated as a fault and speeds may reduce further. It shouldn't be tried more than once in a day.

Staff will be back on here from Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Martin0918
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 23

Keith,

Yeah I turned it off for 30 minutes before I tried the direct connection

Martin
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 23

Hi @Martin0918 

Have you tried turning the ONT off for at least 30 mins?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Martin0918
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 23

Keith I got  203Mb.

Martin
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 23

Thanks, but what were the speeds that you got?

Keith

0 Likes

Martin0918
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 23

Keith I have tried the wired connection directly to the ont after seeing it suggested on another post, it made no difference to the speeds.

Martin
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 23

Hmm, sorry but I have never seen that router (being only a TT customer I do not have access to every router). If you log into it, does it allow a speed test? If not, please can you temporarily disconnect it from the ONT & try a wired (Ethernet) device and do a speed test from there. What results do you get?

Keith

0 Likes

Martin0918
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 23

Keith it is the shell  wifi 6 hub.

Karl, what is the delay, shell used talktalk network so how is there an issue increasing speeds?

Martin
0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi

I've been advised there is an issue / delay with this and our Teams are actively looking at this'

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi

I'm still showing your service set as 200 on or network system, so am making inquiries to see whats happening here.

Will let you know as soon as I find out.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 23

What router are you using?

Keith

0 Likes