cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New order

HeatherAN
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

After a year of waiting whilst paying the extortionate virgin media out of contract broadband fees we finally had an install date for city fibre to come round last Friday morning. They were great installed all in under an hour, had lots of calls an texts beforehand and the router was sent in advance…however they didn’t stay to check it was fully set up with the router before leaving. 

They did ask if we had registered etc beforehand…i was confused around this as we had received no details from talk talk on how to do this…as it transpires we were supposed to receive a contract copy  and an account number etc, which we did not have, until today. (Problem no 1.)

Problem number two is the eero router didn’t find an internet connection whilst they were still at the house, they said this was normal and to give it until 5pm on Friday before ringing customer service. 5pm came and went and we still had no connection (problem no 2.)

My partner then spent over 3 hours talking on th phone to bots ‘customer service’ on the web chat trying to fix this to no avail -they constantly started by asking for an count number we didn’t have and passing us through 4 different departments when cutting us off the line multiple times.

the engineers returned another day, still no connection to the house from talktalk, they tried to have a conference call with talktalk on the phone and event they got cut off.

I spoke again yesterday with customer service on chat (phone lines are not available on Sundays for some reason) (problem number 3) as it was incredibly difficult to explain my issue to a bot to get through to a human and even then to find anyone who could understand the issue and help. Again i was cut off multiple times and had to reconnect many times and re explain to new assistants, who eventually said they have passed the ball back to cityfibre to investigate who would be in touch. They asked when they could next come round to which i said Monday (today).

since then no one has come round to attempt to fix the service nor been in touch…however my email with an account number magically appeared in my inbox.

after leaving virgin media due to terrible customer service I feel like I’ve found a new low. We did leave two weeks overlap on the old broadband from virgin media but at this pace I am doubting it will be sorted before the old service terminates. 

Has anyone got any pointers?

the white ONT box shows the three lights it should for a good connection…expect there is none.

we have tried with the erro, our own tp link p9 to get a connection but no joy.

My partner and I are very technical in our own jobs but feel a bit stranded by this as it seems neither company wants to take responsibility or ownership of the failed connection.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi HeatherAN

I have asked  the Auto compensation team to pick this up,

Once the investigation is complete you will receive an SMS/Email.

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

@HeatherAN, as this is about compensation, start a new thread in the billing section. 

Maybe mention this thread with a link to it. 

It's really a different department from technical faults  / setting up delays etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

A few months in…and just realised we have never been sent the ‘automatic’ compensation for the delayed service 😕 it was over a month and over £90 owed and hen I last looked 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi @HeatherAN 

How are you getting on? Have the team made contact?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

If you have had no service so far but are billed for it the compensation should reflect the duration of no service, @HeatherAN.

Speak to Chat if you wish to check:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

They won't be able to put a figure on it till after it's resolved, and then it can take a further month to show.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi,

we do have one more week, however we have found when we power on the eero it seems to be interfering with the virgin router, and as we cannot connect through it I’m unable to change anything onthis other than to switch it off in the meantime -which I know is not what they ‘suggest’.

thanks for the info on compensation, I was wondering on that, is our go live date the same as the installation date for the ONT? I wasn’t given any info in advance other than the installation date.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

@HeatherAN, have you still got time left on the Virgin connection to get by for now?

Staff on the forum are not back before Monday. 

After this is all resolved you should eventually get compensation for the delay in getting you up and running:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

0 Likes

HeatherAN
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

A case manager rang to organise another cityfibre engineer visit, I did voice my concerns about arranging another visit for the same reason when they had already stated the line outside the house was OK but was assured they would ‘look at it from another angle’. So the engineer came (a day early! Which on one hand is nice, but as I work from home, not practical when I’m prepared for a visit o=another afternoon). And quelle surprise, said the same again he’d checked the line again and its was all fine, he stayed with me while we tried the eero app, it said it couldn’t get the IP address. We rang talk talk who said they could only talk to me again after the engineer had submitted their report, in another 2-3hours. Obviously i am working and couldn’t call then, had already lost my lunch break to another visit.

I got a call back from talktalk case manager (a different one) on Friday, who then said he couldn’t talk to me as he didn’t have access to the report on the system, and would call back later…he didn’t.

hence I’m still in the same position, now 1 week in to my new contract with no connection, my partner and I both work form home and my partner codes so needs a secure connection. I really don’t know how else to make progress.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

OK thanks. I'll pass this over to our Future Fibre team and ask them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive and update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Chris,

no, no one contacted me or came to our house.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Thanks. There is an open fault ticket with City Fibre and an appointment was booked for yesterday morning. Just to confirm, did you not hear anything from City Fibre yesterday?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

All the lights except the alarm are green. The eero is connected to power and by Ethernet cable to the ont

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi HeatherAN,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Could you tell me which lights as currently on, on the ONT? Is the eero currently switched on and connected to the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Staff will respond in the morning, @HeatherAN.

0 Likes