cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Poor compared to Shell

Message 3 of 3

I got migrated across to talk talk when shell broadband was bought by Octopus. With Shell despite the bad press they got, the service I received was really good on full fibre 100. Never dropped, no buffing great.

Err so much has changed since Talk talk took over. Service drops buffering takes place when watching TV. There appears no customer service number to phone. Thank God I only have 6 months left before contract runs out. Can't leave soon enough!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi,

I'm sorry but you would need to speak to the Migration Team as the support that the Community Team can give Ex-Shell customers is very limited at the moment. You are of course free to take Keith up on his very kind offer of assistance

Chris

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi @upsidedownpineapple 

I am not sure that the forum is of much use currently for ex-Shell customers, the same service centre number exists for everyone 0345 172 0088. I expect that you would have to ask for the Shell Migration team when they answer. However,  I may be able to help on a generic technical level if you want, but I need a bit more information:-

1. What package are you on?
  2. What router make/model do you have?
  3. Does the problem only affect wireless connections to your router or is it the same poor performance on wired (Ethernet connections)?

The first thing though is to get confirmation of the level of help that the TalkTalk support staff on this forum can provide for ex-Shell customers, which I will ask them now for you.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes