cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Problems yet again

Edd24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

My Internet connection keeps dropping out yet again. I reported this so many times and nothing ever gets done. There clearly is bigger issue but all talk talk do is replace router or send BT engineer out who doesn't find any faults but there clearly is a issue because this keeps happening.

Can somebody help to get this sorted once and for all.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi

I'll start the process to book this for you.  I'll drop you a PM to confirm some security info.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi my Internet has been dropping constantly so as I won't to move forward with this long standing issue I see no option to accept your terms for the engineer visit. I have spoken to CISAS who have advised if I am charged I can apply for compensation if talk talk won't do the right thing and remove the charge. I still think I have been placed in a really unfair position but I do t see any other option. So could you please book the engineer.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

The 8 weeks start from the time you have an open official complaint assigned to a complaint manager, complaint procedure is here

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

I think you will find this has been going on for much longer than 8 weeks and as previously mentioned I have had an engineer visit on numerous occasions!

0 Likes

ONTnonotagain
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 22

Just a couple of easy checks, I've not read past you having drop out's so excuse me if it's been said before.

1 - A new RJ45 cable from the wall to the router & ensure it's clicked home at both ends.

2 - Microwave, I notice when the boss is cooking I can loose the wifi.

3 - Other electro devices that might bust up a signal cross pathing the router signal.

Assuming you are also having issues over Ethernet I would replace all of my cables but also check the router isn't sat near something that can radiate, when you get a drop out place your hand on the router and see if it's really hot, if it is try positioning it so heat can get out and fresh air get in, so either stood up or sat on a plinth of sorts & never in a pile of other things restricting air. Try a different location for the router as unbeknown to you next door might have something working 2 bricks away that's interfering with it.

Doing a factory reset after trying all these things is advisable as well. hth.

Onta.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Only the CEO office can issue them, so you would have to follow our complaints process, and even then, they have to be given the chance to fix it, and only after 8 weeks can a deadlock letter be issued, bare in mind the CISAS are impartial,  and any case file we submit will comeback to you not allowing us to book another engineer, even if they took the case, then based on experience the outcome will be, book an engineer. 

We on the community are willing to do that for you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Had a terrible weekend of service again so I have no other option. Can you help me with a letter of deadlock so I can take the matter to CISAS or do I need to phone up for that!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hi Edd24

Engineer charges should only be applied if the fault is found to be with your own equipment or internal wiring.

Engineer charges

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

So the re connections prove there were more issues again? I think I am on my 4th router now so yes I have tried. 

I will accommodate another engineer visit if this is what is required but due to the horrible experience I had last time an engineer was sent, I would like reassurances from you or your team that I will not be charged for the visit or tried to be charged for the visit at a later date. Can you do this for me?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi Edd24

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

If you have tested with a different router then we will need to raise this to Openreach again and arrange an engineer visit. Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi it did settle down but it has been bad again this weekend and really bad today all day and evening!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Good afternoon,

I've re-checked the connection stats today and the connection is still looking stable since we last checked. Is everything looking stable on your side too?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Morning,

Just to add to my last post below, the connection now looks stable for almost 4 days.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. How has the connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

No where neqr as bad as the other day but not perfect. When exactly are the engineer works and what is it they are doing. Is this the first time they have done the work. Is this them trying to fix my long standing fault or something else?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Morning,

I've re-checked but I can't see your stats at the moment unfortunately. I can see planned engineering works are showing again this morning so I will monitor this. How has the stability been since yesterday?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Hello,

I'll re-check the connection stats first thing tomorrow morning and will post back here with an update to advise how the stability looks from our side.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Yes OK if you can update me when you have carried out the checks.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-checked and the planned works have now closed so I've run the line test which is clear, however I can see that the connection was very unstable over the last 24hrs. Would it be possible to see how the stability compares now that the planned engineering works have been completed? If the re-connections still continue then we can arrange an engineer visit for you, but we can make a note that this a repeat fault.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

My Internet came on again about 10pm but it was off from 2pm before hand. You have said it was probably caused by maintenance which explains this outage but my service is continually disturbed. And I'm at the point of having enough. I have tried everything and persevered with talk talk but I still recieve this unacceptable service. I cant remeber how many times I have replaced the router and had multiple visits by enginners who all deny anything is wrong. It is so infuriating to be told by talk talk and BT engineers on many occasions that there are no issues. Its a real slap in the face cinsidering the amount of tedious hours I have spent speqking/chatting to your agents, trouble shooting and going through the same checklists to resolve faults. I have had to deal with your dreadfull some times very rude foreign call centre, who have tried to wrongfully charge me for engineer visits causing me extreme stress and also like I said install to many new routers to count.My neighbour is also a talk talk customer and he reports constant issues also. So there is clearly an issue somewhere which you and BT must be aware of and opt to mess your customers about insteadnof resolving the issue. Unless talk talk can get this matter sorted once and for all I have no option than to end my contract and go elsewhere. I also wish to complain about this long standing issue of which I have still not received compensation for. I won't to know how talk talk will put this right and most importantly fix this clear fault.

0 Likes