cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Switching back to talktalk

srjohnston80
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 73 of 73

I was with talktalk for years and the service was great.  I decided to change over to virgin, but had loads of internet outages.

I decided to swap back to talktalk as I need reliable internet with working from home.  

I was due to go live today, but internet is still not connected.  I saw it briefly connect at lunchtime for about half an hour then it died again.

I also have not received my 2 Eero Pros yet either.  Can someone please help?  I am not really getting anywhere on the phone.  They just said I am connected. 

I work in IT and very familuar with internet setups.  I even have a netgear nighthawke router wifi 6 router I plugged into my BT modem and it is not able to pick the internet up.  But it is picking it up from my virgin router ok.

0 Likes
72 REPLIES 72

Message 21 of 73

Morning,

Not showing the equipment as dispatched as yet so I will check again in a few hours to see if this has updated.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 22 of 73

Hi,

The account issue should hopefully update once everything has gone live. If not then we can ask our Billing Expert Arne to have a look. I've checked and I can see that the equipment has now been requested but hasn't been dispatched as yet. I will check this again in the morning and will confirm once this is done. Once it's dispatched it usually arrives within 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 23 of 73

Hey,  hope you had a great weekend.  

I just registered my account and got it setup again.  Oh I have an old account number in the account as well as the new one, which is showing the order number and inflight as before.

Question 1.  Can I get the old account number deleted, so it only shows the one account number when I log in?  Currently it is showing 2 and defaulting to the old account number.

Question 2.  Where can I track the order for the two Eero Pro routers.  I assume they would need to be shipped by today / tomorrow to get delivery before Friday?   

0 Likes

Message 24 of 73

Morning,

I hope you had a nice weekend 🙂 Myself and my colleague will continue to keep checking this week to make sure everything is still progressing.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 25 of 73

Not a problem.  It should be fine.  I am looking forward to Friday to finally get rid of Virgin! 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 73

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I can't advise specfically on a 3rd party router as we would recommend using the TalkTalk provided equipment but you could always try it to see how it compares.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 27 of 73

Have you checked with the Netgear installation instructions? I imagine it will be fine, but it may need a bit of tweaking in the settings. 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 73

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

One question.  I have a Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 router.  It is an awesome router and the coverage around the house is pretty perfect.  Plus I have so much control over it.  I can split the 3 bands and have dedicated network names and passwords for them.

Currently I have it running of my Virgin router and it works really well.  Getting 1.1gb speeds, even upstairs.  Is it ok to use this router with Talktalk?

Ideally I want to plug it directly into the ONT box and use it over the Eero devices.  The Eero does not seem to play all that well with Sky Q and the Sky mini box, as they create their own wifi mesh network.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 73

Good afternoon,

Update. The team have advised that everything is now progressing correctly and is on track to go live on 06/10. My colleague is also monitoring this too so I will post back next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 30 of 73

Morning,

No additional update as yet. Will continue to monitor.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 31 of 73

I just tried logging into my account and it is now not accepting my username and password.  I dont want to create a new account just yet until the line is up and running. 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 73

Hello,

Great thank you. I've let the team know now so will keep you updated. 

Thanks

Michelle

Message 33 of 73

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

Hi Michelle,

New order has been placed and provisional go live date of 6th Oct.  I have updated my personal information with the new account number.  I can provide it by PM to you as well.

Hopefully this one goes through!  Oh by the way in the taltkalk my account, I now have two old orders.  Would it be possible to get those deleted, so I just have the correct order number? 

0 Likes

Message 34 of 73

Hi srjohnston80.

No the old order won't go live

Chris

srjohnston80
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 35 of 73

Ah perfect thank you so much.  I will see about sorting that out.  Your help has really been appreciated.  

I will contact the sales team shortly.  So just to confirm that order will never go live?  I dont want to end up paying for two orders!

0 Likes

Message 36 of 73

Hi again,

Update. The team have come back to us to advise that the stuck issue has been resolved but that the order would need to be placed again. They have asked if you could contact the Sales Team directly to place the order. They have advised that once you have the new order number then please add this to your Private Notes section on your Community Profile and the team can then expedite this order with Openreach directly.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 37 of 73

Morning,

The team did advise me that it can take up to 5 working days for this part to complete so it's possible that it's still being worked on in the background. I'll hopefully know more soon.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

Message 38 of 73

I logged on this morning to check and when I click on the account number this morning, I just get the loading wheel.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 73

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'll continue to keep checking this for you on the progress.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 40 of 73

@Michelle-TalkTalk Hi just to let you know I double checked my account and it is now showing an FTTP number and inflight instead of the order number and inflight.  That has changed since this morning.  I wonder if that means they got the issue with the order resolved.

I updated my personal information with the new fttp number.

0 Likes