cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Switching back to talktalk

srjohnston80
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 73 of 73

I was with talktalk for years and the service was great.  I decided to change over to virgin, but had loads of internet outages.

I decided to swap back to talktalk as I need reliable internet with working from home.  

I was due to go live today, but internet is still not connected.  I saw it briefly connect at lunchtime for about half an hour then it died again.

I also have not received my 2 Eero Pros yet either.  Can someone please help?  I am not really getting anywhere on the phone.  They just said I am connected. 

I work in IT and very familuar with internet setups.  I even have a netgear nighthawke router wifi 6 router I plugged into my BT modem and it is not able to pick the internet up.  But it is picking it up from my virgin router ok.

0 Likes
72 REPLIES 72

Message 41 of 73

Hi,

Ok brilliant. We can also confirm once the equipment has been dispatched too.

Thanks

Michelle

srjohnston80
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 42 of 73

Hi yes ONT box is still at the house.  I can do the install myself, just need the line activated and the two eero pro routers sent out.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 73

Hi,

I've set a reminder for myself for Tuesday next week to chase this. Can I just confirm, do you still currently have an ONT at the property?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 44 of 73

Ah spot on.  I will ping you a message on Monday / Tuesday next week to see how we are getting on.  That will leave it tight to get sorted.  My contract with Virgin ends on the 15th of October, so would only leave next week and the week after to get the talktalk line put in.  Even if they can get the line in as soon as they can.  I have a router I can use in the mean time that would let me get up and running. 

Message 45 of 73

Hi,

The team have said that this (our escalation) will be the quickest way to resolve this. I will ask my colleague to check this in 5 working days and let me know the latest.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 46 of 73

Not the best news, but I understand.  Would it be quicker to cancel the order and create a new one? 

0 Likes

Message 47 of 73

Hi again,

Our team have now advised that the order is currently stuck so they have raised a work request to clear this, which they advised me will take 5 working days. They said that one this is complete then the order can progress which they will push through which will then take 2 working days. I'm sorry for the delay with this and we will continue to keep an eye on this and will chase/monitor for updates. At the moment it's looking like it will take around 8 working days to resolve.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 48 of 73

Hi,

My colleague has now requested an update so I'm hoping to hear back shortly.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 49 of 73

Morning,

I've just checked and no change as yet. I'll ask my colleague if they can check for a further update.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 50 of 73

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk any update at your end at all?  Mine still is showing as inflight.

0 Likes

Message 51 of 73

Ah that's very kind 🙂 Hopefully we'll have you up and running soon.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 52 of 73

Thank you so much.  You have no idea how much I am looking forward to getting back to Talktalk.  Your support and the support of your colleges on this forum have been invaluable over the years.  I should never have left in the first place.  

Message 53 of 73

Hi Stephen,

I did thank you. I hope you did too. I was just speaking with my colleague earlier this morning about this and he said he thinks it will be resolved either today or tomorrow. We'll continue to keep chasing this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 54 of 73

Good Moring @Michelle-TalkTalk Hope you had a good weekend.  Still no change, it is still showing as inflight.   I was able to find out the order got stuck in the robotics queue and that is why it did not progress.  Hoping it will get sorted this week.  My virgin internet ends on 15th Oct so need to have the new talktlak line up before then.

0 Likes

Message 55 of 73

Morning Stephen,

Can I just confirm, has there been any change since your last post please? I've  also included our auto compensation help guide below,

About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 56 of 73

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I assume I wont start paying for my package until it goes live?  So far it has been about 24 hours and still no internet. 

Thanks,

Stephen

0 Likes

Message 57 of 73

Hi Stephen

Sorry for the delay.

I've raised this issue to the relevant team as it's a provisioning fault.

As soon as the team come back to let me know it's resolved then I will let you know.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 58 of 73

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk

Were you able to look at it at all? 

Thanks, 

Stephen

0 Likes

Message 59 of 73

Hi srjohnston80

Thanks for confirming your details. I'm just looking into this further.

Debbie

Message 60 of 73

Hi srjohnston80

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Thanks