cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Thinking of moving to TalkTalk......

BH_1983
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi all, I'm currently with Sky 1gig but I'm getting fed up with their lack of support for mesh networks and the issues it causing. 

I have an Eero mesh system which I'm happy with so TalkTalk peaked my interest as they offer Eero routers. I'm looking at the 900mb service (I have FTTP), but have a couple of questions before ordering:

1. How does everyone rate the speeds they get on TalkTalk? How close to the advertised speeds do you get on a wired connection?
  2. I assume that you only get the 1 Eero router when you sign up and can add more yourself as you see fit??
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Blue-Flame
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Hiya

To answer from my experience

1. I have found the speeds to be as advertised. In fact for me I am averaging a 940mb download on a wired connection (Wifi will always show less than the max available I reckon). Upload speeds seem consistent at the 100mb mark.

2. If you go for the 900mb service you are issued with two Eero Pro6 routers by Talktalk. I actually bought a third one from Amazon to stick in my mancave (garage 😋). 

A couple of things to add is that bear in mind...

1 The main router will have only one available router cable slot left as one will be taken up by the connection to the ONT. I installed a unmanaged network switch to the spare slot so that I had plenty of slots available for my cabling.

2 If you do have your house hardwired then you can 'backhaul' the additional Eero's by hard wiring them to the network cables. This will then give you the top wifi speeds at each eero. This was particularly handy for my point in the garage as my wifi has not been able to extend out there in the past. 

'Over the Hill' .....but on the plus side it's all downhill from here !!

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

The advertised speed for the 1Gbps service is 900Mbps (up to 944Mbps) and you'll get a guaranteed speed quote when you order Full Fibre 900.

The product comes with two eero Pro 6 devices and with the Total Home Wi-Fi package which means if you need more eeros for a larger home then you'll get those as well. There are terms and conditions that apply to both free issue eeros from TalkTalk and to Total Home Wi-Fi so best to read those so you have a clear understanding before ordering.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

I'm sure some customer here will let you know their experiences, but overall, people seem satisfied with the speed they order.

You can add more eero's to create a mesh system.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes