cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Switching from 5ghz to 2.4ghz on eero

Rachy_lou
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi, I've got some devices that are new and only run on 2.4ghz. (Indoor security

cameras)

I've tried turning legacy mode on via the eero app and also tried temporarily pausing 5g but I still can't get them to connect.

Can anyone help please

Rachael
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Rachy_lou,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Roughly how far is the camera away from your lounge then? Some of these apps can be very problematic, but should work whilst the 5GHz is disabled.

Not knowing the make/model of the camera, some controlling apps are poorly written where IP networking is concerned. It might help to know the make/model of the camera.

On the Eero do you have WPA3 enabled from the Advanced settings and under the Discover tab, then Eero labs experimental feature for WPA3 security? WPA3 replaces the WPA2 Personel standard & should be totally backwards compatible. However, it seems in the Eero it isn't. If it is enabled, try disabling it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi, the camera needs an app to be set up and yes I get an error message saying it can't be paired to my WiFi.

I'm not sure if I have any more 2g devices. 

The router is situated in my living room in an open space, nothing around it or near it.

Thankyou for helping

Rachael
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

This could be down to several things, most notably the location of the Eero & what is around it, the signal strength from the Eero or Wi-Fi interference. I can help with all of this.

That said:-

• Do these devices require apps to be used as part of the setup?
  • Do you get any error messages when you try to connect them?
  • Do any other 2.4GHz devices connect OK that are nearby to these devices that won't connect?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?