cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

fault goes round in circles

grandude
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

A connection test is still open because no fault has been detected. Therefore I cannot run another test, whilst it is open. Further, I cannot run a speed test because it runs into problems and does not finish. Pressing the blue contact the team button, does nothing. Ditto the contact link in an email.

My connection appears to be flaky, as some web pages load in short stages, but ut seems that I am not going to get any help from tech.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

Glad this seems to have abated.  We do advise to power off the ONT for 30 minutes as this will reset the session incase a stale session exists.

It may be a simple solution in some cases, but I think the Switch Off / Switch on will always be around where technology is involved as it does fix a lot of issues.  Whether it's a printer, a phone, or some other internet technology 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

grandude
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Thank you.

Somewhere in all of this, the problem has vanished, though I do despair somewhat, that after over 40 years, "switch off and switch on again" is still a standard repair tool.

Thanks

Grandude

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi

Line tests are currently clear and no issues detected remotely.

You can also check your speeds at : https://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

Can you power off the router and the ONT for 30 minutes. This will create a new session.

If the connection is dropping, check the lights on the ONT remain green and no LOS light is illuminated.

Also, if you are using a device connected via Wi-Fi , can you check with a wired device to rule out a local Wi-Fi issue etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes