NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP 500 Via City Fibre - Ping response times and packet Loss every evening Since 18/11

mattie
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Good evening

I have been really happy with my FTTP service, however I have noticed that since 18/11 every evening my ping response times increase and packet loss is seen on my Think Broadband monitor, link below. 

Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

Download speed tests dipped to 154mb yesterday evening. Doesn't feel like it should be congestion as before last week there was no difference in the graph at all. 

Anyone get any ideas? want to get sorted before the gamers in the house start to notice. 

Cheers

Matthew 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thanks Chris, I will contact them. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

OK thanks mattie, in that case you'll probably need to speak to our Future fibre support team, they may be able to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Morning Chris,

Yes, twice yesterday evening I had buffering whilst streaming on Fire TV for a few seconds only. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi mattie,

Are you experiencing any performance issues such as buffering or pixelation when streaming?

Chris

0 Likes

mattie
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 9

Thank you both for your replies,  the speed tests are from a wired connection. I have attached a screen shot from yesterday showing how the download speed drops and ping response times increase during the evening. 

before the 18/11 the speed and ping times remained static what ever time of day since this was installed several months ago. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Morning,

Can I just confirm, does the speed also drop/ping increase if you connect wired just to test this?

Thanks

0 Likes

shahid76
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 9

Is your connection being heavily used every evening? because its perfectly normal to see latency spikes during this period though packet loss shouldn't be *that* great. I would ask the TT future fibre support team (still phone only?) to investigate, your exchange may have TT capacity issues.

TalkTalk Business FTTP 900/115
Netgear RAX200
0 Likes