NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware change please - slow 2.4Ghz, multiple wifi disconnections and vpn issues

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I am having problems with my vpn, streaming services on my TV, and hundreds of wifi disconnects.

I am having difficulties with VPN connections, running dual band (2.4ghz slow), being logged out of admin console repeatedly and WiFi optimisation/channel hopping back on

I think this is due to the firmware upgrade - please could a oce tell me when the update was (80 pages of errors in log for last 3 weeks and all were WiFi disconnects, couldn't find update date)

I am on FTTP150 switched over on Friday 20th from fttc65

Using:

Sagemcom

Hardware Version FAST5364 3.00

Software Version SG4K100136

My setup

Split band 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz

I manage channels but optimisation seems to have been switched on again

External dns (Google servers)

Safesettings all off

This setup has worked fine after some initial teething problems. The last few weeks though have been terrible.

-There are now pages of WiFi disconnect errors in the logs (40 pages for one night).

-Speed test (fast.com with connections increased to 25,  and also talktalks speedtest portal)  is ~150Mpbs on 5ghz and ~20Mpbs on 2.4ghz.

-No channel interference.

-Powering down for 30 minutes didn't help.

-I'm plugged directly into ONT like normal.

-Ethernet connections fine.

-Online troubleshooting isn't working in my account anymore.

-My account is still showing as fttc65.

-the admin console seems to be much more limited now and I keep getting kicked out of it even on different browsers and devices

Please could an oce:

-tell me when my FW upgrade was?

-change my FW as has been done for others with vpn issues

-change settings so that I font get 130 or 136 FW again

-switch off WiFi optimisation for both bands or any other WiFi management

-switch off any homesafe settings I might have missed

-run a line test as I'm unable to do so through my account dashboard

-check if my profile is for fttp150

My profile is updated with the phone number for this account - please could oces double check its 0191 as previously had issue with wrong number being used

Finally in the notes section I've put details of a second account - please could the firmware be rolled back for that sagem router too.

Thank you

Nicole

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi nic1987,

I'll start the firmware update now, it may take up to 20 minutes, please don't switch off you router

Chris

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 6

Hey no, just the one but I've put the details of my second account in the details box if that works?

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for confirming 🙂 Do you have another Community Profile?

Thanks

0 Likes

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 6

Brill thanks Debbie for the speedy work

have version SG4K10002829t now

2.4GHz is now 85-95 Mbps dl and 35 Mbps ul

5GHz is 150 Mbps dl and 35 Mbps ul

Streaming services and connections seem better improved too so thanks. VPN is fine. 

Can I check that the firmware changes and wifi optimisation killing were done for my other line too?

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Nicole

I have switched the WIFI optimisation off.

I'm unable to say for sure when your FW was upgraded but the firmware updates have been rolled out overnight for the last few weeks and are still ongoing at the moment.

I've also made a change to your router firmware.

Thanks