cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Broadband ok but no Landline

Coazzi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 44

My Fibre 65 with calls service went live on 2nd September (no engineer visit). Broadband is working but there is no phone. Tried at the test socket and there is no dial tone. The line test online says there is no fault. 

Landline was working faultlessly before the switch. Please help!  I need my phone back as soon as possible.

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 1 of 44

That's great news Coazzi. thanks for letting us know.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 44

Phone is working again and with the correct number.

I can now relax on my switch to Talktalk. 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 44

No problem. This is from the engineers notes - 'Engineer has resolved the fault by changing the E-side pair or at PCP. The fault was fixed by providing new jumper in PCP '

Chris

Message 4 of 44

Thanks Chris

Do you have information on what the engineers did (tried to do) to fix the phone service?

Coazzi

0 Likes

Message 5 of 44

I've booked the first available appointment - September 13 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on. 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 44

OK thanks, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 44

Hi Chris

Phone is not working and has no dial tone.

Coazzi

0 Likes

Message 8 of 44

Hi Coazzi,

Can you just confirm that it's still not working and I'll book the engineer

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 44

So a recap:

Broadband and Phone was working before the switch to TalkTalk on 2nd September.

Since then broadband works but no phone. 

After two engineer visits phone works but with wrong number.

Now received email from TalkTalk customer service saying “Our engineer has resolved the service issue” and the case is closed. 
Phone is off again with no dial tone.

If I have to choose. A working phone with the wrong number is better than no phone at all.

Coazzi

0 Likes

Message 10 of 44

The fault is actually still open and with the engineer. I'll check for further updates in the morning

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 44

OK I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 44

Any morning this week. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 44

Thanks. We are going to need to arrange another engineer visit as you appear to have a crossed line. Could you let me know when you are available and I'll book it for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 44

Hi Chris

Just done that now.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 44

Hi Coazzi

Can you please add the telephone number that you now have, to the private notes section of your community profile 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 44

Hi Karl,

Yes the number is changed. If I call from mobile the operator is saying the number is unavailable.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 44

Hi

There have been no changes to your number.

If you dial 17070 does it read your number back t you or another number.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 44

Phone is working again😐 …. but wrong number. 

Can I get my number back?

Coazzi

0 Likes

Message 19 of 44

Hi

Sorry for the delay.  The fault is still open with Openreach and has been allocated to the local engineer so they may still come to your property today.  They did initially have an access issue with the exchange equipment last week, and the updates in their system also mention allocating part of the job to third party contractors.

If Openreach do not attend by end of day, then we will need to chat with their Control and see what is happening with this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 44

No engineer came today, at least not to the house.

Phone line is still out. What next?

Coazzi

0 Likes