cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Broadband ok but no Landline

Coazzi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 44

My Fibre 65 with calls service went live on 2nd September (no engineer visit). Broadband is working but there is no phone. Tried at the test socket and there is no dial tone. The line test online says there is no fault. 

Landline was working faultlessly before the switch. Please help!  I need my phone back as soon as possible.

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 21 of 44

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Coazzi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 44

Ok thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 44

Hi

Visit is going ahead and has been assigned to an engineer this morning.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Coazzi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 44

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

Is the engineer visit still booked for this morning? 

I have had no texts or emails about the visit and the fault timeline in my account is still asking me to book an appointment.

Regards,

Coazzi

0 Likes

Message 25 of 44

Hi

There will be no charge applied, this is a miss communication from our system.  The engineer has been and the fault is ongoing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Coazzi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 44

Hi,

What do I do about the £75 charge?

0 Likes

Message 27 of 44

Excellent, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Coazzi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 44

Yes, that's fine. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 44

Hi

The engineer has been out and has ran out of time, so another appointment is requested/  I've booked the next available appointment slot - Mon 9th AM (8-1).

Is this day ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Coazzi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 44

So the engineer came today, then left to do something at the cabinet. Phone line is not fixed.  Also tried with a second phone.

Checked the fault timeline in my account which says I need to book a further appointment with Openreach engineer.

Received an sms from TalkTalk saying I missed the appointment and need to pay £75!!

Coazzi

0 Likes

Message 31 of 44

I've booked the first available AM appointment - September 06 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 44

OK thanks. I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Coazzi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 44

I have added the address to private notes 🙂

0 Likes

Message 34 of 44

Could you add your address to the private notes section of your community profile, and let me know when you've done this. I'll then book the engineer 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Coazzi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 44

Thanks Chris,

I accept potential charges and an AM visit any day.

Can you make sure the address for engineer visit is correct.

My address has three lines before TOWN, postcode. Some systems leave out the first line, putting the house number into second line which is wrong. The address in 'My account - personal details' omit the third line and that's ok.

Coazzi

0 Likes

Message 36 of 44

OK, can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Can you also please add your mobile number to your community profile 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Coazzi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 44

Yes please do that

0 Likes

Message 38 of 44

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Coazzi
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 44

I tried at the test socket. I don't have another phone.
But it was working on 1st September

0 Likes

Message 40 of 44

OK thanks. Have you tried connecting the telephone to the test socket? Do you have another telephone that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes