cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Callsafe not populating approved callers with calling circle numbers automatically when switched on

jon1967
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

does this happen overnight ? Otherwise how does it work please?

I dont want to add them all manually it will take forever and i dont want to turn it in and have all calls blocked meantime...

Tia

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Yep turned off following morning as didnt do what anybody says!

Is there no technical guide to this functionality that your side can look at?

You seem to say it will just fill up at some point

The screen shots seem to imply that you can selectively import  numbers but dont tell you how (like somebody has forgotten to build the functionality)

So confusing . I feel im a beta tester for talktalk again. Maybe i can get paid ?! 

Best regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Ok finally got around to this. Turned on last night . Nothing this morning again in approved list

😞

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Well ill turn it off now and turn it on overnight if your sure . I dont want calls blocked meantime

I do feel the instructions are not clear at all 

Thx/regards

Thx

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10
0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Ok turned on and says on

Cant see any numbers in approved

Get this cryptic message

Numbers in your Approved/Blocked list may also be imported from your Last Call Barring, Frequently Called Numbers or Calling Circle.

But no way of doing it 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

HI jon1967

Numbers will transfer over to Callsafe, but at the moment it is not showing as active on your account. 

If you activated it via My Account did the confirmation pop up show? 

0 Likes

jon1967
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Manage CallSafe Status

By switching on this feature, unknown callers will be asked to say their name and press # before your home phone rings, meaning you get to choose whether to take the call or not.

If you wish to turn CallSafe on, the numbers you have barred from Last Call Barring will be imported over to your blocked list. Numbers in your Calling Circle or Frequently Called numbers will also be imported to your approved list.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

You do need to add numbers manually whenever Callsafe has been switched off - they are not saved in the system, even if you have safe numbers saved in your phone.

1000003809.jpg

1000003810.jpg

For full instructions:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-use-CallSafe/ta-p/2204789

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes