cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Can't access voice messages on talktalk landline

GaynorO
Participant
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Can't access voice messages on talktalk landline. Was working fine then stopped for no apparent reason.  Can anyone help fix this. Thanks Gaynor 

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. If this does happen again then please let us know and we can ask our Faults Team to take a look.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Not sure exactly, I would say about every 4 months. Last time was in June and I think this is the 3rd time its happened. 

Thanks

Gaynor

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. How often does this keep happening?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hi Michelle

Thanks for your help.

Just switched the ONT etc off for the 30 minutes and it seems to have done the trick.  Hopefully it won't stop working again. Do you have any idea why this keeps happening?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, have you tried powering down the ONT and digital voice adapter for a full 30 minutes and then retested this again?

Thanks

0 Likes

GaynorO
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 22

I can't access my landline voicemail again. It keeps randomly not working when I haven't changed anything. Been not working for a few weeks now. Message box is full but can't access any of the messages. Also can't make phone calls but can receive calls. Makes the dialing tones but then nothing happens. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hello,

We wouldn't recommend switching the ONT off too many times, however just for testing switching the ONT off once should be fine. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Thanks for your advice. My concern is that when the ONT box etc was installed I was told by the openreach engineer to never switch the ONT box off.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

OK thanks Gaynor, when you get chance could you power down the ONT, eero and Grandstream DVA, leave them off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi Chris

In that case yes I do have all three but I have not tried switching off the eero and grandstream yet as my daughter is using the inernet for her exam coursework which has to be handed in tomorrow so don't want to cause any disruption. 

Thanks

Gaynor 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

The ONT is the box on the wall 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi, 

I do have the grandstream and the eero but not sure what you mean by the ONT. 

Thanks 

Gaynor 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Morning,

Just to confirm, you currently have the ONT, eero and the grandstream digital voice adapter? Have you tried powering down the digital voice adapter and the eero for a full 30 minutes and then tried connecting this again? 

Thanks

0 Likes

GaynorO
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 22

Just checked and the phone is connected to the grandstream box 

Thanks

Gaynor 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

OK thanks, does you telephone connect directly to the router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Not sure. It was all updated by talktalk to fibre about a year ago,  so I presume talktalk did whatever they would normally do to keep everything working.

Thanks

Gaynor 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

OK thanks, are you using the Grandstream digital voice adapter?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi Chris

The phone dials the 1571 numbers but after that nothing happens. 

Thanks

Gaynor 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Hi Gaynor,

What happens when you try to access your voice mails?

Chris

0 Likes

GaynorO
Participant
Private Message
Message 20 of 22

Hi Karl

Yes that's correct. It was working fine and then just stopped when nothing had been changed this end. 

Thanks

Gaynor 

0 Likes