cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Continuation of Landline Service

Bagpuize
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I seem to recall receiving a message from TT recently about the maintaining of landline services after 2025 and stating (on a web page) that the service would continue not through OpenReach but through a separately negotiated service.  Was I dreaming or is that that case? 

David W
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Bagpuize,

In answer to your question, yes this information is correct

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

This is where I saw it. He claims to be in the content team?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Our-Blog/Copper-Telephone-Network-Switch-Off-What-does-it-mean-f....

David W
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

I'm not sure what web page you mean, but you can try  google search and see if any of the pages mention this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Bagpuize
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Sorry that was a mess!

Could you direct me to your web page where this was mentioned - about a week ago?

David W
0 Likes

Bagpuize
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Could you direct me to your web page this was mention - about a week ago?

David W
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi

The phone lines are Openreach infrastructure and TalkTalk have no control over the withdrawal of the older copper lines.   TalkTalk will aim to provide phone services via VOIP going forward but have no plans to offer services over copper lines when these are phased out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes