cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Incoming landline call problem

Mitch-in-Notts
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

Incoming calls aren't ringing on house phone. All that happens is that the landline phone pings once but doesn't ring. If I answer the landline 'ping' and speak nothing can be heard by the caller. We have tried two entirely different phones and neither will ring.

Outgoing calls are fine.

Calls can be heard as ringing on the callers phone, but aren't ringing on the actual landline. We don't have call divert or anything like that on the landline phones.

Thank you.

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Whatever works best for you, @Mitch-in-Notts. If you are with your parents at the time, they will be able to vouch for you and pass ID checks with you there.

Long term it's an idea to make sure that your parents are registered as vulnerable due to their age, and perhaps be a nominated user etc so that you could help them from further away.

See:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-Accessibility/ct-p/talktalk-accessibility

and:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Power-of-Attorney-Authority-to-Act-Deputyship/ta-p/2205...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 22 of 28

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

@Mitch-in-Notts, you'll need to specifically say that you do accept potential engineer charges. 

Staff are not back on here before Monday now. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 24 of 28

Hi Michelle,

No I have removed the cables from the test socket and put the face plate back on. Tried phones again, same result.

Could you please book an engineer to visit, I accept any potential engineers charges. Any time or day as soon as possible is suitable.

Thanks,

Mitch

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the update. Is the phone still connected to the test socket at the moment please? If the same fault is happening with 2 different phones then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. 

If you'd like to go ahead with this then please can you confirm acceptance of possible time related engineer charges and also provide a few days availability AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we can book the engineer visit for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Mitch-in-Notts
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 28

Karl,

Thanks for the reply. Have unscrewed face plate. Plugged phone line into the test socket. Same result I'm afraid so it isn't the face plate that is causing an issue.

Thanks

Mitch

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 27 of 28

Hi

Line tests are clear.  Have you tested the phone at the 'Test Socket' if you have one to rule out any issues with the faceplate of the socket.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes