cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Increase in spam calls on landline

surfing69
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I have been getting an increasing number of spam calls on my landline on different numbers but with the same message. 

I cant block all of them as the phone only has 50 number memory

Is there any other way to stop these annoying calls?

thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi surfing69,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems switching CallSafe off. Have you followed the process outlined here - How to use CallSafe - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

surfing69
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

hello

i needed to turn off Callsafe as i needed to get a code from HMRC BUT despite cancelling this service a number of times over about 30 mins, it still remains set to ON., 

I need to understand why it took less than a minute to switch on but now i cannot apparently switch it off! 

Pls advise

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hope it helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

surfing69
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

thanks !  I also found that you can turn this feature on from within my account.  It has now been activated !  

again thank  you 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

You dont get charged for turning this on, so no, dialling 1472 will not incur a charge.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

surfing69
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

hi

never knew this existed !  

However , I am concerned that if i call 1472 i will be charged. My Talktalk landline is currently PAYG. Would u be able to advise if i would be charged?

thanks

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I found Callsafe very effective. I've used it 5 years plus and in that time I've not had one spam call. Spammers will not announce themselves.

Details can be found here

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-CallSafe/ta-p/2204784

0 Likes