cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline Provider on TalkTalk Network

7fmtrnrsbdt
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I am trying to help someone that is trying to obtain an analog telephone line because they do not want one which is reliant on an Internet connection or mobile phone signal.

It seems that providers that use the BT network are subject to a 'stop sell' order which means they can only provide a VOIP line, but perhaps this is not the case for TalkTalk. Does anyone know of any provider that uses the TalkTalk network that can provide a PSTN analog telephone line for voice calls?

Thanks for any information anyone can give.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Talktalk uses Openreach and therefore the same infrastructure provider as BT.

The whole system is being switched over to Full Fibre eventually and we will all have to cope with the VOIP option if we wish to use our old landline numbers, @7fmtrnrsbdt

It's not a question of if, it's when....

If the person you are helping is interested in a Talktalk service they just need to plug their postcode into the main Talktalk offers page and see what comes up.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

7fmtrnrsbdt
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi, thanks for your reply.

If BT phase out analog lines, does this automatically mean TalkTalk will as well?

Is there any way to tell if one is on a stop sell exchange or not?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

If the person is on a stop sell exchange, then TalkTalk would not be able to provide a landline service.

Most analogue lines have been phased out for digital services, and over the coming years, BT will phase out all land line services, so that mobile or Voip (telephony over internet) will become the norm.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes