Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

therealgaryhill
Popular Poster
Message 20 of 20

Help!!! I have spent the last 48 hours trying to report that my landline went dead on Monday...

I have gone round in endless circles on this infernal website... There seems to be no way of

contacting a human being to help sort this problem out... If there is anybody with a pulse

out there who can help me to navigate to somewhere I can sort this out I would greatly

appreciate it... I don't want to join a community, I just need to sort out why my landline

went dead on Monday and has stayed that way since... My internet works but the landline

has no dial tone... This website doesn't seem to allow a fault to be reported or contact to be

made with a human being... I have literally gone round and round in circles for over two days...

Please can someone help... My landline is very important to me, it's my only means of contacting

my 93 year old Mother.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi lon16bu7,

Click on 'Community' at the top of the page, and then 'help with your service' click onthe appropriate support section and click on the blue 'start a topic' button 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 20

@lon16bu7 Click on the Community drop down menu, then Help with your service, choose your area of concern and then click on Start a topic. 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 20

@lon16bu7  go to the relevant home page Fibre/Broadband/Home Phone/Billing etc and click on the blue START A TOPIC button at the top of that page.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi Chris, I am new to this site. How do I post a question to TT community site? I am lon16bu7. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

No problem Gary 🙂

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Thank you, Chris... I will let you know how I get on, once again thanks for your help in setting this up...

Best regards

Gary Hill

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 20

Gary, I've booked the earliest PM appointment available - Friday January 28 2022, PM (13:00-18:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi therealgaryhill,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi therealgaryhill

I'm really sorry for the delay.

If you have tested with a different phone at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Thanks, all this is new to me, what seems intuitive to you is not apparent to me...

I saw the e mail and I replied to it... I really don't want to go down the rabbit hole

of clicking on the link you sent... I am only here to try and get my landline repaired...

I really am not enjoying this experience... I would just like to get my landline repaired,

it's something I rely on to keep in touch with 93 year old mother and the outside world...

I'm not really comfortable with this free floating, you could be in here for days, with folks

dropping helpful hints... I've been two weeks without my phone... It took me ages to even

get this far... I would just like to have the line fault repaired... Please

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 20

@therealgaryhill, staff could not respond to you because they never received emails that you sent to the No Reply address.

You didn't post back on here before Monday. Then it would have been in a  queue for further attention. 

Some guidelines about how this support site works:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Getting-Help/bd-p/gethelp#M277

It's best just to wait for staff to reach your thread again during the day. 

I will re-escalate it.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Dear Gliwmaeden2, thanks for your input... All I really want to do is get my phone working again, that's all...

Why is it made so difficult to actually advance this... I have gone round in circles for days... I have checked

the test socket, I have checked my phone... I have reported this and yet there is no response from the person

who asked me to do so... I am really getting to the point where I throw up my hands and just cancel my account...

Because this is really going nowhere fast.. I have no wish to be part of the community, to collect badges... I just

want the landline I pay for to be repaired, thanks

Gary Hill

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 20

@therealgaryhill, any notification emails are from a NO REPLY address and cannot be received by staff.

If they require, you can use the Private Message facility.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 14 of 20

I replied to an e mail that was sent to me... I have since copied and pasted my reply here...

Honestly, I don't want to collect badges or deal with this dysfunctional forum, it's a mess...

I am just trying to get the landline that I pay for fixed since it went dead last Monday...

I have established that there is no fault with my phone and relayed that information...

I would just like the fault repaired as soon as possible... Thanks

Gary Hill

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 15 of 20

@therealgaryhill TT staff do not communicate with customers via email.

If you have been trying to reply to an email notification from the forum, that does not work at all.

The only direct contact from @Karl-TalkTalk will be via Private Message on this forum, there will be a notification on your avatar at the top RHS of this page, click the avatar and then the envelope to see PMs.

0 Likes

therealgaryhill
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 20

Hi Karl, I have messaged you previously via the e mail you sent me

twice, but heard nothing back...
I have used the test socket with another handset, nothing...
I have also tested my phone on a friend's line, it works perfectly...
I think the fault is external and probably down to an engineer who
was working on the board outside my block at around the time my landline
ceased to work...
I am now entering the second week without a telephone, I am a pensioner
with mobility issues, I rely on my landline a great deal and am very anxious
to have my service restored as soon as possible...
Best regards
Gary Hill

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi

All tests are clear, no issues showing.

Can you unplug everything from the socket and test an alternative handset directly at the master socket or 'Test Socket' if you have one.

If you do not have an alternative handset, you can test yours on a friend or neighbours line to make sure it is working.

Once this testing is confirmed, we can progress for an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

therealgaryhill
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 20

Hi Karl, I have added my phone number as requested...

Thanks

Gary

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 20

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes