cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Line Fault

Ganger
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

After running a line test 2 days ago to ensure everything is O.K. a fault was supposedly found (Re: REP 13515790). What the fault is I have no idea. Later I received a text stating 'we have completed the test on your line. If you're still experiencing issues , we will need to investigate this further.' When I logged onto my account the fault was showing as an open case. I then contacted live chat and was asked what the problem was. I do not know what the problem is, as it was found during the line test. I have logged on this morning and found the fault is still an open case, is there a fault or not.

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

Hi Ganger

Thank you 🙂

The line test is still clear - No faults detected.

I can try the test one more time with the phone re connected. Would you like me to test it again with the phone?

0 Likes

Message 22 of 31

Hi Debbie

Only the filter and router are connected to the test socket.

Message 23 of 31

Hi Ganger

Thank you 🙂

The line test is now clear. Could you now connect just the filter and router (leave phone removed) whilst I do one more test? 

I'm just trying to see what is causing the loop fault. If the fault is back with the router connected then I can send a replacement router for testing to see if this helps.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

Hi Debbie

Just the phone, filter and router at the test socket. I am now disconnecting from the test socket.

Message 25 of 31

Hi Ganger

Thank you. I've completed another line test and the same fault has been detected.

Do you just have the phone, filter and router at the test socket?

Would it be ok to remove everything from the test socket for 30 minutes so I can run a line test with everything removed?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

Hi Debbie. 

I am connecting to the test socket now.

Message 27 of 31

Hi Ganger

Thanks for your reply.

I've completed 2 different line tests and one of these tests (landline test) has detected a loop fault. This fault is often caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line.

Would it be possible to connect the phone, router and filter at the test socket so I can run another line test in this set up?

0 Likes

Ganger
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 31

Thank you for taking this up.

No, I wasn't having any problems. Which is why I assumed the problem is out of my control.

I have just run the line test again and it shows again 'we think there is an issue with your line'.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 29 of 31

Hi Ganger,

Could I just ask, are you actually experiencing any problems with your service?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 31

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?