cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Since my landline has been fixed, my number shows as private number

Patricia400
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I recently had an issue with my landline and was unable to make or receive calls. I have recently been mover to full fibre and the VOIP system. However do I ensure my number is not withheld as this is causing problems when I am phoning friends and family.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Patricia400

We've been advised that we are currently unable to remove this from the line (withheld number)

Please can you try dialing 1470 before the number you want to call, this should then show your number on outbound calls.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi @Patricia400

There appears to be 2 issues here, 

1) number withheld appears to be active, however its not showing on the backend , so we will need to raise a fault for this to have it removed. 

2) There are no boosts showing on My Account, this has been raised and has been discovered its part of a know bug and is being investigated. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

I have looked on my account and there is no option to select/deselect the privacy. I called TalkTalk last Wednesday and they said they had referred my issue to the technical team and it would be resolved in 3 days. But this issue has not been fixed. Please can you raise this for me.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Patricia400

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you logged into My Account to check the settings? I can see that Gliwmaeden2 has linked to the help page.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Check settings in My Account:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Withhold-my-telephone-number/ta-p/2222819

If it's not possible to remove it yourself you will need to phone in on 03451 720088 or use live chat during the day (9am-9pm weekdays), @Patricia400.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.