cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

mystery "no number" phone calls every 30 minutes

JanetM2C
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I see this was reported to the Community in August and most months since, but I cannot see what the fix is.

We recently upgraded to Fibre 150 and since then our 2 year old landline phone has logged a "no number" call every 30 minutes.  (the caller display shows it coming through but luckily it doesnt sound as it is by the bed for emergencies.)   Is it some form of "pulse" coming through?

We have now been on to the HelpDesk 4 times - 3 times we had someone who said they had changed something and to wait 24 hours   and the last time we tried phoning and they suggested we reset the (new) router.    We have spent over 8 hours on this and been through quite a few agents with no success.   The longest "chat" took 2.5 hours and 7 agents -  I think they are just saying they have changed something to end the discussion.  

Can anyone help please?

We can cope but it is rather a nuisance having to scroll through the 2 "no number" calls every hour to get to the genuine callers  and when we are out all day there are rather a lot of "no number" calls.

Thank you!!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

TheoMaria
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

We have the same problem - my dad is getting a bit confused.  What is the solution?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi JanetM2C

Thanks for the Private Message to confirm that everything is now working ok.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi JanetM2C

This should now be fixed. We will check in again with you after the weekend to make sure everything is working ok.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi JanetM2C

Thanks for your reply.

I've passed this over for the fix to be applied. I will post back to confirm once this has been completed.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

And yes, we are using the new WiFi hub router that arrived with the engineer.

JanetM2C
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Thanks Michelle

Great to hear from you.   You seem to be the only person who understands our problem and can sort it out.  My husband seems to have lost his log in details but we take it in turns to try to contact someone to help.  

I have updated my personal details on the community profile

Have a good day

Janet

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you using the Wifi Hub 2 router?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes