Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

SuperSafe for Android

11 REPLIES 11
Dekko
Chatterbox

Have Spare Super Safe Boost licences which I want to share with a friend who wants one for a windows 10 laptop and one for an android tablet. After filling in online application friend received an email instructing her to download the Super Safe Boost app. Problem is there is no such app in play store and message on laptop says app is unverified. Friend now very suspicious of both the antivirus software and of Talk Talk. Have spoken with Talk Talk who were worse than useless. Has anyone else had this problem and if so can it be sorted?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Dekko

Please let your friend know that the download link for the SuperSafe Boost for Android is currently not active and that is being investigated as I write with the Product Manager.

I'll alert the TalkTalk Help & Support team to your post and when the download link is fixed either they or I will come back to let you know.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Dekko
Chatterbox
Thank you would appreciate that
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Dekko, I'm told we're working hard to get the app back online. I'll post back as soon as I know more. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

OCE_Ady

Hi Dekko, the app is now back online. Please let me know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Dekko
Chatterbox

Hi Ady

I have some spare licences on my Supersafe subscription. I wanted to let a friend use two of them one for an android tablet the other for a laptop running windows 10. My friend was sent an email telling her to download the app which she could not find in Play Store  and the app for Windows 10 was described as unverified or similar. I use Supersafe on my IPad and desktop and had no problem with it. Hope this gives you the info you wanted

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Dekko

The TalkTalk SuperSafe app is back in the PlayStore.

SuperSafe downloads.

Let your friend know she can download the app now.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady

Dekko, is your friend still struggling to get it installed? Did the app for windows install even though showing unverified?

Dekko
Chatterbox

Cannot give you an answer to that at the moment. My friend does not have any confidence in Talk Talk at the moment and is very reluctant to use Supersafe even though I have tried to reassure her that F Secure is a reputable security provider. Suspect she is going to source her online security elsewhere.

OCE_Ady

Does your friends ISP not provide an AV product? 

Dekko
Chatterbox

My friend is with Talk Talk but had a third party plan which recently expired. It seemed pointless paying for a plan when I had unused licences on my subscription.

OCE_Ady

That makes sense. In the very early days I felt that Fsecure was troublesome and slow and by that I mean 8-10 years ago. Now I have it on all my devices and trust it implicitly to keep my devices safe. It does sometimes need reinstalling to correct the odd issue, but that's not often by any means.