Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

free super safe

5 REPLIES 5
prescol
Enlightened One

I know longer need to pay the £4 per month for 10 licenses, and I need to go back to just having the one license which I understood is part of my fibre broadband package, I have cancelled the £4, but no longer give me the option to have just one license. 

Talk Talk stop offering it?

prescol

I'm no expert, i'm just a guy!
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @prescol 

Correct. TalkTalk do not offer a single licence option. TalkTalk Online Defence (SuperSafe) Overview About our Boosts Just the 10 device option now.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

martswain
Philosopher

The free one licence is as dead as the Norwegian Blue !

For those that have it, you will find on your next contract renewal it will disappear in a puff of smoke.

I have just negotiated a new deal due to the price rise and during the readback of the Ts and Cs it was explicitly mentioned that my free Online Defence would end and there was an option to move to the paid 10 device subscription.

The system is very efficient and my licence was removed within 15 minutes as evidenced by a desktop notification.

Martin, just a customer trying to help.
prescol
Enlightened One

Well when my contract comes up for renewal I won’t be sticking with talktalk any more unless they give me a really cheap price.

I’ve with TalkTalk since 2010, they have been really good until recently, when they cut the TV services offerings,  they cut or put the price up on other services and features. I think it’s time to look around. When my contract comes up for renewal, there’s nothing special about Talk Talk anymore.

maybe they still paying the price for old chief executive? 

I'm no expert, i'm just a guy!
Gondola
Community Star

And when renewal time arrives if you talk nicely to the Loyalty / Retentions team ask for the best deal and ask for the Online Defence to be included free with the package. There are often deals that will bundle the Online Defence at no extra cost. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

martswain
Philosopher

@prescol I managed to get Fibre 35 at £20/month for the next 12 months, I renewed on 1st April 2021, then £20 plus the new formula price rise for the following 6 months.

I was paying £21.95 with an imminent increase of £2.00 so have a decent saving going forward.

At that price, I didn't try to haggle for any calls or security package.

Just received my bill, there was no £30 "package change" fee even though I had several months to run on my current deal.

Number used was 0345 172 5157

Martin, just a customer trying to help.