Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam protection off not working

kingsizefairy
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hello,

I have turned off the scam protection as well as the kid's filter.

Both are turned off, I still cannot access several pages.

I tried on different browsers, have cleared the cache several times but  no, I am unable to access e.g. the page of my local newspaper

Same goes for pages, which are apparently not for kids or deemed unsafe for whatever reason. I am far away from being a kid ...

Can this be fixed, please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Excellent, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

I managed to change the settings on the allow list and after that everything was working fine. So Problem solved.

Message 3 of 7

When you turned the router off did your IP address change if not turn it off for longer and if you can overnight. 30 mins should do, but sometimes longer is required.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

OK, found it. we will see how this will work or not. Thanks for your answer

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi,

I have switched the router off, yes, but that did not change a thing.

Where can I find the allow pages?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi kingsizefairy, have you tried turning off the router for at least 30 minutes although preferably for an hour? If not give that a go and that should clear the page blocking. Have you also tried adding the newspaper's URL to the allow pages? 

Ady

0 Likes