cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

4K TV Box - Pause Live TV

Crusader300
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

When I set-up my box the Pause Live/Rewind worked. On the second day it did not. The lights flashed on the remote and the TV Box, but nothing happened. Being ex IT, I unplugged the power supply and plugged it back in and tried again - no change. I then went to Settings - Advanced and Reset everything - now it works, but of course I had to put in all my Player set-ups.

Is this a Feature or is there an easier way out of resetting it?

Chatty Man
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Yes, I guessed that, but it should not have frozen the timeshift feature such that it didn't work and needed a system reset.

Chatty Man
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Crusader300
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Hi, I may of done accidentally, because I was testing out the features. I know it would not hold across channels and may have paused it to check it worked, then checked another channel.

I'll put this one down to finger trouble until it happens again.

Thanks

Joe

Chatty Man
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi

To add to the advice from fr8ys, The pause and rewind feature is actually called timeshifting.  When you select a channel, you have to press the pause to initiate this.  You can then press play, then rewind to the point you started the pause, if you change channel, then switch back, you have to start the process again.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

This box is limited in the rewind feature in that you have to pause each time you change channel a it's not automatic like the YouView boxes. 

Could you have paused initially on starting the box, and changed channel expecting the box to stay in this time shift mode?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes