cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

4K TV box

PoppyRossi
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I received my new 4K box a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately I am unable to play 'on demand' programmes on channel 5.  When I select a programme a small dial appears on a grey screen, which it does for all channels on playback, it rotates a few times then instead of opening the programme, the screen goes black and freezes.  The only button on the remote that works at this stage is the on/off button, so switching off each time is my only option.

Is there a solution or is the box faulty?  Thanks in anticipation,

Poppy.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

The sound issue is not normal, you might want to try a box reset - press the button on the side 5 times to initiate a reset, then set the box back up and see if the sound issue keeps happening.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your reply about Channel 5 problems - I hope this will soon be resolved.

I also should have mentioned the other annoying problem I have with the box - when I first switch it on the screen appears but without sound.  To get any sound I have to switch the box off, then when I switch back on the sound is on.  Is this normal??

Thanks again,

Poppy

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

The My 5 app has been problematic across the youview platform. This is an issue with the App itself and My 5 are aware.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes