cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Failed to record Yet again

Pash02
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi ye 

My tv box sometimes records if it wants and sometimes ( Most) it fails to record and it is becoming seriously annoying.

I have reset the box several times and turned the router off twices for 30 plus minutes but i can watch Netflix on my TV using the TVs Netflixs app without issues so doubtful its my connection.

On two occasions using the TV box the guide did not load so i had to reset the box also.

All resets were done by unplugging the box for 30 minutes and then turning on and resetting but keeping the recordings.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

TalkTalk stopped providing the older youview boxes 2 years ago now, and the new box we provide is the 4K TV Hub.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Pash02
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

I will do a full reset and keep you posted but why would i only get a Normal box and not the recording box as per my contract as it is a multi room set up?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi

fr8ys is spot on, try the reset options and see what happens.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If you have completed the maintenance mode, keeping recordings, it sounds like your hard drive has become corrupted. The maintenance mode attempts to repair the drive if possible.

The only other thing you can now try is a full factory reset and this will repair the drive if it's possible.

Please note that if you are eligible for a new box, TalkTalk now only supply non recordable ones., So it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you and if it does not work on the first try, some have reported success on a second try.

Hope it works.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes