cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Missing channel

Faith44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Is anyone missing channel 28 ITV BE on freeview? It was there yesterday and now its not available. When I press 28 it says no channel. I was on chat with an agent for an hour and a half which ended up being a complete waste of time. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Faith44

did you try the retune without the aerial as mentioned above, and did this help restore the channel ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi

OK, that verifies there is no freeview issue in the area.

Take the aerial out of the youview box, and retune the box. No channels will be found.  Connect the aerial to the youview box and retune again and see if the channel now shows up.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Faith44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

I just connected to TV and Channel 28 is appearing.  So is it a problem with my youview box?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi

Connect the aerial to your TV, and check channel 28, if missing on the TV, then it's a freeview reception issue.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Faith44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

I can try but I retune what and how? 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi

Can you connect the aerial direct to your TV, bypassing the TalkTalk TV box, and retune and see if channel 28 is showing there ?

This will help to see if it's a reception issue in your area.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes