cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

NOW SPORT subscription

BenWarwick
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi

I've recently renewed by TalkTalk subscription and received the new Netgem 4K TV box. As part of this I've renewed Now Sports as a TalkTalk boost. I had to delay taking on the boost while my direct subscription to NOW Sports ran down (on Oct 21). After negotiating terms with Better Value I received an activation email and (on the second attempt) activated my account. The service worked instantaneously on my home computer but hasn't been activated yet on the Netgem box. I attempted to log-in on the box - it seemed to accept the password etc but it failed every time on the extra security check (ie type in the wonky letters). I called TalkTalk customer service and they advised that the TV service can taken 24 hours to activate (confirmation of service was 15.32 Oct 24). Is this right?  Funnily enough when I go to the NOW Sports page it confirms that I logged on the Netgem box.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Ben,

I've also sent you a quick survey.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Ben,

That's great news, so glad its working now, and so sorry for the delay in getting this resolution for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

BenWarwick
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 12

Hi Karl

Just logged in and everything is working fine. Problem solved! Many thanks for your help over this, regards Ben 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Ben,

I'm showing the Now package active on our system here, was initially showing inactive.  I've checked the back end system for TV and this is showing the sports and HD Boost options correctly now, so all is showing as it should.

Are you able to log in to the app on the TV Box now ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

BenWarwick
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 12

Hi Karl

Just wondering if you've had any reply from your contacts about this, in view of this weekend's sport coming up. I suppose in the meantime I could cast to the TV from a laptop since the service seems available on computer. I took out the subscription with the customer service team (South African person?) and it was for 9 months initially at an advantageous rate. if that background info helps at all. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi

your old now TV Account will still show the date it originally started , just that the new subscription channels will now go through TalkTalk, as soon as I know more from our product managers, I'll let you know.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

BenWarwick
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 12

Hi Karl

I've checked and on NOW TV the boost is showing as active and actually says it has been purchased through TalkTalk. One curious thing is that when I first logged in, it recognised my email and wouldn't allow me to use a new password so I had to use the same password that I used when I contracted direct. And on the home page it says I have been a member since 2021. I hope I haven't somehow reactivated the direct subscription that I cancelled Oct 21! 

But that's not what is implied by the above info regarding the boost being through TalkTalk. So a mystery. Maybe you will get an update that clarifies things.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Ben,

If you log into your NOW TV account online and it shows active, you should be able to log in on the TV box app.  Check any other apps you have - phone etc.  

Now, there is another issue I've found, the package is showing correctly on our vendor cloud platform, so should all be working ok at your end, but the NOW TV Product is still showing inactive on our system here, so I've flagged this to our TV and billing teams to take a look and see whats happening.

Will let you know what I find out.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

BenWarwick
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Hi Karl

It was 15.32 yesterday that I activated NOW Sport on my home computer - so maybe I'm being premature because it takes longer to activate on the TV? It was just that it worked straight away on the computer so I wondered why not on the TV. 

I reset the box and everything seems to be working fine except that NOW Sport isn't available yet. Maybe it's a case of waiting and see if it comes on tap.

Just to be clear do you need to log-in on the box before the boost is received or should it be automatic streaming?

thanks Ben 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi

Also, another question, what date did you activate NOW TV on your pc ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi

Try resetting the Box, to rule out an issue with the App itself.  Press the button on the side of the box 5 times to initiate a reset, then try the app again once the box is set up.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes