cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Now TV. Why can’t I remove the Boost?

SteveElmo
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi all,

I recently tried to remove the NOW TV boost from my package but ended up paying £9.99 for it on my last bill. So I have 3 questions here that the online chat agent failed to understand.

1. After I was told that NOW TV was included in the bundle that I subscribed to, why was I billed for it in the first place?

2. How is it that to subscribe for NOW TV  costs £4.99 and I was billed £9.99?

IMG_1950.png

3. Upon trying to remove the boost online, the webpage updates to show that the boost has been successfully removed (I have attached a screenshot to prove this), however the confirmation email never arrives and the boost still shows as active on my account. 

I’ve requested a refund however I am not confident that it will be applied to my next bill and I need the NOW TV boost to be removed from my account and for my account details to reflect this.

Can someone please assist me in this matter?

kr

Steve

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

SteveElmo
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi Karl

Yes I understand the concept. I merely meant that the cancel boost feature on the TT site does not work correctly, ie if the confirmation email had arrived then it would likely have explained when the service and the subscription billing would cease.

thanks

Steve

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Steve

Now TV and Netflix etc, also work this way if you go direct to them, a cancellation of a subscription also ends t the end of their billing cycle.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

SteveElmo
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Karl. That makes sense but the functionality of the webpage to cancel the Boosts isn't particularly helpful. If it explained how the service works as clearly as you have done it would help.

Regards

Steve

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Now TV services are paid in advance, so when cancelled they do not cancel the service the same day, but run until the end of the billing cycle.  I can see this has an end date of 29th, so the NOW TV service will remain active until then. This was added 6 months ago, at £9.99 and promotions do change over time, there may not have been the £4.99 promotion at that time.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes